Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was repairing my tank,i pulled a hole in the side using a stud welder.Long story short,ended up with a tiny,i mean tiny pin hole,actually a pin head cant fit in it.But it leaked enough to make me dig out the area and repaint,the second time using Jb weld over the pinhole then my body work.Well apparently even tho Jb weld claims it works on fuel tanks,my repair is swelling again.If anyone knows where a tank is for sale let me know please.I dread painting it again:banghead:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I have never tried to plug a fuel tank but there has to be something that works. Check with a couple of local body shop guys - hell, let them fix the hole.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a body shop guy,for over 20 years now lol. I tried the metal bonding glue,with small metal patches.but it turned out the fumes apparently or what little seapage,just ate the glue so I redid it with Jb weld,which says it is for use on tanks..apparently not mine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If a small crease would be easier to fix, I have one here. Laid teh brand new bike onto the pickup bed trying to back it off the truck without having ever put a mile on the bike! :( Rode it for a year like that then got a new tank. I have it boxed up in the original crate. Seems like last time I priced shipping it would be in the 75$ range. $200 would buy the tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If a small crease would be easier to fix, I have one here. Laid teh brand new bike onto the pickup bed trying to back it off the truck without having ever put a mile on the bike! :( Rode it for a year like that then got a new tank. I have it boxed up in the original crate. Seems like last time I priced shipping it would be in the 75$ range. $200 would buy the tank.

·
Super Moderator
11,884 Posts
Daniel Lousiana, please note that this thread is about 11 years old. You might get an answer but I doubt it. You would be better off starting a new thread to list what you need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts