Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved my license plate to a side mount and installed a signal minder. Wanting to do away with the stock turn signals and plate bracket. Looking for some red LED turn signals that will act as running lights and high intensity turn or aux brake signals. Long term plans are to likely go fat on the back end, but that will probably take a while.

Any one have any that they like or can recommend? Anything to watch out for with installing them or removing the old stuff?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too much $$$ for me

Thanks for the pics

Looks nice, but a bit pricey at $280 especially since I'll hopefully be replacing my rear fender at some point and I don't think that will be wide enough to mount up to it.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Looks like you will need two things to make your vision happen...(1) a run turn brake controller by kuryakyn , and (2) ultra bright led signals from custom dynamics. once the run turn brake controller is installed under the right side cover your signals will act like signals / brake lights...then you could remove the existing brake light and get a set of very bright led signals from custom dynamics to complete your vision...

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys

Really appreciate the help. I'm hoping the signal minder will take care of the run turn brake needs for me properly since it replaced my turn signal module and I finally got everything working fine with it now. I've got flashing turn signals on breaking, turn signals are working as running lights and turning off automatically, four way flashers as well. My only complaint is that it takes a lot of pressure on the turn signal switch and I haven't worked out the dash indicators yet so they don't glow all the time, but I think the led lights might help with that. Might replace that switch with a better type later if it doesn't break in. Anyone know what switch would work well and fit for the the turn signal controls?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts