Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if I can make the seat from a 1300 s, t, r, or any other model fit the c? I know the rear mounts on the driver seat are different, but I was wondering if I could change the rear fender mounts to the straight set, and if anything else needed to be changed.

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
781 Posts
I think it would be easier to change the fender rails, then redrill your C fender for the R/S/T fender. Then you would be able to use the R/S/T seat.

Ultimate seats brackets are attached to the inside of the seat pan, so to swap brackets, you would have to remove the seat skin from the pan.

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,774 Posts
I put an R model rear fender on my C then added all the Ultimate goodies. I had a set of R model outer fender rails, but had to get a few things for the R fender -- to include the R model inner fender support. You'd need that to attach the outer rail (first two bolts), and that's where drilling new holes in the C fender would come into play. You get those R model rails on and you can use the OE seat you mentioned (R,S,T) or get an Ultimate Seats for Honda VTX 1300 R, VTX 1300 S, and VTX 1300 T
Go to Partzilla.com to compare the parts on their fiche pictures. I got the set of outer rails from a salvage yard in Florida and then had them powder coated black -- looked like new.
(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts