Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2006 1300R the other weekend and its been amazing to me! The one gripe I have is with a rattling from the front end somewhere when I hit certain rpm's. Its not constant but it is very frequent. Anybody else have this problem? Any fixes for it? Won't stop me from riding but certainly distracts from the beauty of the ride. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. No major modifications to the front end that I know of so its not aftermarket parts issues. Thank you for any help you can give! 1779154_10151902474221076_1209991327_n.jpg

·
Tinkerer
1,734 Posts
It might be the instrument panel rattling, do a search for that in the "Google Custom Search" box at the top right of this window.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My cousin had a rattle coming from the front of his bike, it was his windshield causing it, I'm not sure if a bracket was loose or what exactly was causing it.

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
My headlight bucket rattled - took me a while to find it - others have had the instrument/speedo housing rattle - could be a number of things - you have to isolate/locate the source by holding down/pressing on things up front while you are riding to determine what it is coming from - be careful while doing that...

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
My headlight bucket rattled - took me a while to find it - others have had the instrument/speedo housing rattle - could be a number of things - you have to isolate/locate the source by holding down/pressing on things up front while you are riding to determine what it is coming from - be careful while doing that...
Same here on the headlight bucket, mine rattled until I hit 5th. Easy fix on here, there is a write up maybe someone can put up the link. All I did was use a piece of rubber tape on the bottom because it's the ring that rattles on most. Someone used to make an insert for the inside of the bucket but it was discontinued unless someone else makes it but I didn't need that for mine.

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
Same here on the headlight bucket, mine rattled until I hit 5th. Easy fix on here, there is a write up maybe someone can put up the link. All I did was use a piece of rubber tape on the bottom because it's the ring that rattles on most. Someone used to make an insert for the inside of the bucket but it was discontinued unless someone else makes it but I didn't need that for mine.
Six years ago, I went for the high-tech solution - I folded up a ski area trail map and crammed it between the light bar and the headlight bucket - that stopped the rattle for good. Oh yeah, and it also perfectly aimed my headlight for all of eternity. :icon_chee

I just took this pic tonight:

·
Tinkerer
1,734 Posts
Six years ago, I went for the high-tech solution - I folded up a ski area trail map and crammed it between the light bar and the headlight bucket - that stopped the rattle for good. Oh yeah, and it also perfectly aimed my headlight for all of eternity. :icon_chee
I'm speechless

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had a rattle in my front end. was the metal bracket inside the front fender!! Took the fender off, the bracket comes out easily, pulled it wider and stuck it back in. fits in there nice n tight and no more rattle!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I agree with checking front fender bracket,I also had a hose clamp from the pair valve rubbing on the left side spark plug cover.That was more of a squeak though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts