Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ruined my spoke rim and now want to change to a different rim can I buy any vtx rim or do I need to ensure it fits an S model ? I guess my question is do the different vtx models use different rims, axle sizes, etc etc.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,457 Posts
Same sizes. If you go to another rim you'll need the rotor adapters. Spoke rim doesn't have. Preferably a rim with the rotors then you'll be set.

·
Super Moderator
10,019 Posts
I thought the C model VTX1300 used different size wheels than the R, S, & T. Is this not the case?

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,457 Posts
I thought the C model VTX1300 used different size wheels than the R, S, & T. Is this not the case?
True that the front rim is larger but they are all compatible providing they get the rotor adapter which spoke rims do not use. I don't even know what that is but it's been covered 1000 times. It is necessary and you can NOT buy that part separate from a full rim from Honda.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Front rim is an 18” for the C and the brake rotors appear to fit from a VTX 1800S to the 1800C rim, the back rim has a different brake rotor for the C than the S and as far as I know the caliper brackets and calipers show the same part #s so I think a rear brake rotor is the only difference. I’m getting ready to do the swap myself and this is the info I have so far on the swap for an 1800 so you may have something else in the mix for a 1300. PM me if you need some help figuring something out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Front rim is an 18” for the C and the brake rotors appear to fit from a VTX 1800S to the 1800C rim, the back rim has a different brake rotor for the C than the S and as far as I know the caliper brackets and calipers show the same part #s so I think a rear brake rotor is the only difference. I’m getting ready to do the swap myself and this is the info I have so far on the swap for an 1800 so you may have something else in the mix for a 1300. PM me if you need some help figuring something out.
The stock front rim on the 1300C as far as I know is a 19”. At least it is for my 2007. The rear is a 15”. I might have missed something in the process, but I read the OP as asking about a 1300.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
The stock front rim on the 1300C as far as I know is a 19”. At least it is for my 2007. The rear is a 15”. I might have missed something in the process, but I read the OP as asking about a 1300.
I added at the end the 1300 may be different. I thought I had something to add seeing how I’m doing the same conversion to an 1800 now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I got the "c" rim, cleaned and polished up real nice, had the dealer swap tire and rotor ( so not sure about rotor adaptor). But all is well back on the road, no inner tube to worry about in the back. And much easier to keep clean. One negative dealer kind of dinged the rim mounting tire minor spots, but I will live. Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also the dealer did not mention any adaptors for the rear, I'm sure money would have been needed if it was required. I am thinking about doing the front as well, gotta get it past the wifey. We will see. Love my Vtx, dont think I'll ever give it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts