Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
You’ve been around pretty much since the beginning haven’t you! I have been using the cafe since ‘16 and it’s been invaluable. Not to mention all the great folks I’ve met!

·
Registered
16,896 Posts
Congrats! Must be 'our' generation that doesn't get bored easily!

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
the "IF's"

if I had joined in 2004,,, if I had internet at home in 2004...
as I was searching for information on the VTX1800 back then.
not to say anything about the 4 screen names.
I joined Aug 2007. same day I joined the VTXOA.

I was using the Public Library

Well Done sir.

·
There Can Only Be One
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You’ve been around pretty much since the beginning haven’t you! I have been using the cafe since ‘16 and it’s been invaluable. Not to mention all the great folks I’ve met!
Pretty much. I joined the "other" forum (which shall not be named ;)) before I even bought my bike, and then a few years later the Cafe' was born. So I joined here, too.

·
Registered
16,896 Posts
Pretty much. I joined the "other" forum (which shall not be named ;)) before I even bought my bike, and then a few years later the Cafe' was born. So I joined here, too.
FWIW, it isn't anywhere as bad as it was 'over there.' Crew is long gone, Budley just got banned again, and most of the 'anti' crowd either lurk or have gone FB.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
There Can Only Be One
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWIW, it isn't anywhere as bad as it was 'over there.' Crew is long gone, Budley just got banned again, and most of the 'anti' crowd either lurk or have gone FB.
Crew was a hoot & Budley was just....Budley. I didn't really go into the Hot Box that much, but I remember some of the drama that was in there. I don't go there (or here) as often as I did back then, 'cause the older I get, the busier I become.

·
Registered
16,896 Posts
Crew was a hoot & Budley was just....Budley. I didn't really go into the Hot Box that much, but I remember some of the drama that was in there. I don't go there (or here) as often as I did back then, 'cause the older I get, the busier I become.
Forgot to mention Knight, as anti-US as they come. He's gone too.

Reactions: sumdatx and MR VTX

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
MEGA-GRATS JASON 😁
Lots of folks have migrated to FB, and I understand Basedude404 is still the man. I understand about being busy. Thought I could retire and have all kinds of free time -- :mad: not so :mad:
Thanks so much for all your advise and how-to's. Recently studying one of your '09 threads that I still need to do.
(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,652 Posts
Yeah everyone went to FB groups I guess because it's free and convenient. I'm in bassdude group on there he runs a good one. Got a good team of fellow mods to keep the bs out. He is a decent dude that helped me a lot on here and he does the same thing there.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,652 Posts
Congrats on your 15.
Dedication. :)

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
358 Posts
Congrats on the anniversary! This really is the best resource for our bikes, and it is folks like all of you that make it as great as it is.

Reactions: MR VTX

·
Faith Fears Not
68 Posts
Gongrats. I am just behind you a bit. I joined in 2006, June I think?, Then I lost my email account when my service provider folded and password was forgotten too so I just rejoined in Jul 6, 2008 with my current username because I was not allowed to re-use my original since "it was taken". The system would have let me restore my account if I had access to the defunct email account address. There may have been another way around it but I had no real content because I worked so many hours back then, so I didn't pursue another solution.

Reactions: MR VTX
1 - 17 of 17 Posts