Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to find a drivers backrest for a stock seat on an '05 1800F, I bought one on EBAY and it was shipped from Mutazu, after confirming that they sent the correct model,(I sent them pictures of what they sent). and they said it was correct. There was no way it fits, the bolt pattern on the rest is 6 inchs apart and the seat is 2 1/2 inches, as well as the metal isn't bent in any way even close. They are refunding me my money but that doesn't solve the problem and there still selling the wrong item on Ebay. Any advise????:banghead:

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Check out Utopia Products. These backrests are nice. The adjustment range is is unmatched in my research and and the quality of product is great.

Purchased one for the wife's 750. I have the Ultimate. Honestly I wish I could trade it out for hers.

If your looking for cheap don't look here:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wish I remembered where I got mine, didn't pay allot and works great. Will keep looking, let you know if I find anything. By the way, my backrest has a mounting bar/plate that mounts under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I checked the site out it looks great but I don't want to cut the passanger seat to put it on if I don't like riding with it. Then I'm stuck with a hole in the passanger seat.

·
Reality Check Bounced
444 Posts
There's only 1 that swivels from a passenger to driver backrest for the "F" and I believe it's made by Kury. And the cost is to high and I think doesn't look that good. Other than that Mustang Seats are sold with a backrest option for the "F". Course you have to buy the whole seat. $$$$$$

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the Corbin seat and backrest on my 08 F. Not cheap but, totally worth it! when my baby isn't behind me on a long ride I can steal it into the rider position and lay back like a king! Not to mention the difference between the Honda "log" and the Corbin seat. WOW!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information. I noticed you are a darksider, What tire are you running? And did you have to do any mods to make it fit or is everything stock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts