Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post so bare with me please. I have owned a 1300R for several yrs. and I got a chance to upgrade to an 1800 without loosing my shirt. The F model sits a little differently than my R. I seem to be reaching further forward to reach the bars now. Is this something different risers would help or do I need to purchase different handlebars? If anyone has run up against this issue I would appreciate a solution.....thanks

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
The only thing I have found that will change the handlebars much would be to buy new ones, the biggest risers that I could find for the F was only 1" difference then whats on there stock...and I figured for $150 1" just wasn't worth it....so I figured new bars was my only choice...However I had my stock seat rebuilt By Robert and he moved me forward a little and it's really not that big of an issue anymore...I am 5' 5"

Good Luck, you will love the F :cheers:

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
If you really want to move them there is this option.

PhatRisers III™ by Scootworks- These handlebar risers were originally created for the VT-750 Spirit, then everyone else wanted them! These raise the bars 1 3/4" above that of the OEM Honda 750 Spirit mount, and pulls your grips back 2.5" closer to you. Usually works with original cables/hoses on the Spirit 750, but requires you to reroute them behind the triple tree. For all other applications, we recommend 4" over length cables and hoses. These can be found on our Cables and Hoses Page. These risers are the biggest, fattest risers we manufacture. Weighing in at 2 lbs. per riser, these babies are PHAT! Prices are: $129.95 (Micro-Polished), $129.95 (gloss black), $164.95 (CHROME)

From their Website:

Put these on the wife's 750 Honda. It did move the bars for sure. I love them. Even made the bike more comfy for me. Rerouting the cables behind the triple tree gave ample cable length for install. Am really considering replacing the Rivco 6" risers I have on the "X" with these.

Stock riser on the 750 Spirit:

Phat III's installed:

Good product .... They are HEAVY DUTY !!

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
But what is the overall measurement on them?? The ones stock on the F have more pullback than most, stock.. And I couldn't find any that gave more than an additional inch, and $170 is steep for 1 more additional inch... Which of course I would personally never buy from Scootworks, I have heard wayyyyyyyyyy tooooooo many horror stories from people on the cafe who have placed orders with them....
Posted via Mobile Device

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
But what is the overall measurement on them?? The ones stock on the F have more pullback than any other model.. And I couldn't find any that gave more than an additional inch, and $170 is steep for 1 more additional inch... Which of course I would personally never buy from Scootworks, I have heard wayyyyyyyyyy tooooooo many horror stories from people on the cafe who have placed orders with them....
Posted via Mobile Device
Research tells me the F model risers are 5" Standard height. I believe the 750 is close to that. Using just an approximate comparison you should get near the pullback and rise which is 1 3/4" and pulls your grips back 2.5" closer.

I may be all wet but that seems reasonable.

I contacted Scootworks and they said they didn't know of an F with them installed and not done an actual measurement post install ....

Aeromach makes these 6" risers for the F. They do not have Pullback and rise figures on the site....

·
Reality Check Bounced
444 Posts
:coffee:I had same problem with my "F"s handle-bar. I'm 5'11" and was straight arming which gave me pain across my shoulders on long rides. I got the Baron X-Bar that fixed that without changing any cable. I was going to get the buck-horn style bar, but the possibility of having to change cables changed my mine. The best riding is with bent elbows for me. I also turned my bar down somewhat for a even better feel. There's not much differences between the stock and Baron's when looking at them,but it made a whole lot to me.

·
Seasoned Member
876 Posts
I put R bars on my F about three years ago, only thing I had to do was get the brake and clutch line extended by 1 and a half inches, bars were 70-80 bucks and extending the cables was 10 bucks, had enough wiring harness in the headlight to make the change
Coopi

·
Registered
18 Posts
I need 1.5" fat bars for my VTX1800F and a set of mirrors What should I get for bars I'm 6foot and prefer a more upright position?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts