Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tom
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone hopefully somebody can help me. Baught Bub rinehart staggered exhaust got a great deal they fit my f model fine even though they say "c" model. I also baught the PCIII i found the map for the "c" model with those pipes and also a thunder air box. My question is do i need that air box and will a "c" model map work on an "f" model?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
C, F, R, N, T,,,, no difference in maps unless perhaps you are using the OEM exhaust. Even then, not much difference. (Motors are all identical)

Thunder Intake map? Well, that depends on what intake you are running now,,,

·
Tom
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I'm still using the stock air filter and intake still. from what I've been told so far moving to the thunder on hypercharger won't make that big of a difference and for a tall guy like me they may get a bit in the way. So I'm looking and maybe doing the mod I've seen talked about on here adding the K&N filter and drilling into the box to get more air flow.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Here's a good low-cost mod to the OEM box that will increase your airflow:

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13060

You can also do the OPEE mod, but I'm not sure how much more, if any, additional airflow you will get over the above mod. One other advantage this mod has over the OPEE is that the filter is a little more sheltered from bugs, rocks, driving rain, etc.

A SPYKER mod to the OEM cover would also dress it up a bit for not a lot of $$$$$

·
Tom
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the pic may have to try that. Not sure what the spyder mod is though. I also some people who cut designs into the chrome cover i know a place with the water jet cutter do you think that would work better than the mod you've got there or no?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
SPYKER, not spyder! LMAO!! http://www.whypush.com/

Water jet cut covers are nice too!

'work better' depends on what you want,,,,

Look good from the outside? Water jet or Spyker,, 'some' extra flow,,,

Want EXTRA flow for no dough? Do the snorkel cut out mod.

Want BOTH? Do BOTH!!

Have you pulled the OEM snorkel and removed the secondary air valve already????

·
Tom
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol miss read what you wrote i guess. I haven't touched it yet I have the pipes on and that's it. I bought the PCIII but havent installed it yet. dont really want to install it until i have the what im doing with the air intake. don't wanna be doing a bunch of mapping and then changing it. Right now it running fine with just the pipes on so i'm not to worried yet but I wanna put it all on. Cost is alittle bit of an issue always is for everyone but Im not to worried about it. With buying the hypercharger or something like that I think it'll just get in the way of my leg. So I can do both I think. What exactlly is the spyker mod?

·
Tom
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like that nice i think im gonna go with that and do the mod you sent me a picture of. thanks alot

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
The Spyker mod does add some 'bling' for not a lot of $$$$$. Adds some airflow as well.

Pull the secondary air valve out, trim out the 'snorkel' area as shown above, do the Spyker and add the K + N,,,, If will breathe as good as most any aftermarket intake and won't cost an arm and a leg!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts