Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

197 miles

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  beitz67 
#1 ·
on one tank of gas. That's the most i've got from a tank since i bought my X. Hit reserve at 197.1, the X does 20-25 miles more on a tank with BP gas, regular 87. Don't work for them, own no stock just gets more miles with it.

#7 ·
Yeah, I'm generally around 140 miles when i have to flip the switch too. Somehow though, i bet your mileage would drop too if you ride with myself or Rich. I'm guessing you are a LOT kinder to your bike than I'm ever going to be. Still...those are awesome numbers. congrats!

#8 ·
I usually hit the reserve around 170-175 miles ... but that's not bad for the 1800 model. Beats the hell out of the 12 mpg I get with my truck!
Buda_Jim

#10 ·
It definitely depends on how I'm riding, but if I'm doing the normal (speed limit) riding, I can get about 180-195 before hitting reserve. It's definetly better when I'm doing a continous ride. Stop and go commuting can hurt.

#11 ·
thats great, I usually hit reserve about 155-160, hwy ridding 80-85 mph
so, when you hit reserve, how many gallons you get in??
and what's your MPG?

cool

#16 · (Edited)
Hey guys... Been a while since I've been on a bike... (last one was the '84 1000 Custom)... but about going to reserve... do you wait for your bike to die before switching over? I just got my '03 1300R on Memorial Day... (and I LOVE IT!!!) But when it dies.. I have to re-choke to start 'er back up... and this morning it was like it almost killed the battery before she fired back up, even reset my trip meters... and I get to about 142-146 miles before hitting reserve.

#21 ·
I'm probably not quick enough on the 'flip'.... only had it a couple weeks, so still trying to feel it out... but will definitely be quicker next time at around 140 miles... Can't wait to get my manual and start trying the mods, and carb tunes... and lord... you guys are killing me... talk about 'Never endin' spendin'!... When ya'll recommend something, I have to pick it up... I've got plans for Bubs, a new seat, tires, risers, etc, etc...!!! I'm freaking addicted....

#23 ·
Just do the service work yourself and save all that cash-hish for CHROME!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.