Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
nivensid
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out this tach from Demon's Cycles? Price looks good or is too good?

2" MINI ELECTRIC TACHOMETER BLACK TACH FITS HARLEY

: DESCRIPTION :

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MINI Electric Tachometer[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]with Black Interface[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This high quality mini tack measures 2" in diameter and 2" long.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Styled after Harley-Davidson gauges.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It comes with chrome mounting bracket and wiring diagram.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Will fit any 2 cylinder 4 strokes motorcycle or a custom project.[/FONT]

Bran New in the Box

In Stock, Ready to Ship

·
WildBikers.com Owner
2,340 Posts
Demons has got some great stuff at good prices. Bought my Headlight from them! Only concern I would have is waterproofness of the assembly. If mounted in a fairing no issue If not the seals need to be good!

Good think about demons - You can return it in a second!

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Where is the easiest place to "find" an "ignition on 12 v DC" attachment point or splicable wire for attaching the red wire of this tach? Would a headlamp wire work? Since there is dim and bright light, maybe not.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Where is the easiest place to "find" an "ignition on 12 v DC" attachment point or splicable wire for attaching the red wire of this tach? Would a headlamp wire work? Since there is dim and bright light, maybe not.

G'day,

Vinish
If I remember correctly, I tapped into the Brown wire under the Right Cover.. but being at work, and not having a wiring schematic, I cannot be 100% sure.. its just from memory

-Gonz

·
nivensid
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered the tach

Placed the order today, will keep posted with pics on the installation.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That is a good looking tach and at a good price too. It's a little hard for me to get used to not having a tach. Thank God for Honda's rev limiter, lol. Please let us know how the tach works, ok? I think lots of Cafe people would appreciate it a lot.
Bry :patriot:

·
nivensid
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tach installed in fairing

I installed the tach in the fairing today, it matches the other gauges better than I expected. Still have to get the bike back together and clean everything up but here is what I did today.

The first thing to do was make a pigtail off the coil for the tach lead. I soldered all the connections.

Here it is plugged in the coil, that bare wire was not hot, just forgot to remove it before the pic.

Next thing to do was locate a old HD guage plug and drill a 1 3/4" hole for the guage to go thru.

After a little filing the guage fits in tight.

had to file the fairing opening just a little and the HD guage plug snaps in the opening and holds the tach in place.

Plug up the tach lead, hot wire to ignition hot and ground. Turned out easier than I expected and no needle bounce. Been looking for two years for a tach that would match my other guages and fit in the fairing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts