Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) 1300 - how far does your front brake lever travel before really "braking" the front wheel? My front lever seems very spongy; I end up pulling the handle pretty near the throttle before it becomes firm. The shop supposedly bled them but I wonder.

2) What lights are supposed to light on the speedo when you turn the key on? I see only the oil indicator come on but i thought there was another.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,311 Posts
1) Only about an inch. I picked up some speed bleeders from DLP for $15. Worth it IMO

2) Oil, neutral and high-beam if on. Would like to see that high-temp light come on just to see if it is working (Maybe it is suppose to and mine doesn't)

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
1) 1300 - how far does your front brake lever travel before really "braking" the front wheel? My front lever seems very spongy; I end up pulling the handle pretty near the throttle before it becomes firm. The shop supposedly bled them but I wonder.

2) What lights are supposed to light on the speedo when you turn the key on? I see only the oil indicator come on but i thought there was another.

1) Around 1 inch. Bleed teh brakes yourself... not too tough.

2) Oil Light, and Neutral Light, if its in neutral. See pic, bike had 2 miles on it at that point:

-Gonz

·
Let's Get Ready To Rumble
5,240 Posts
Yeah, what they said.

I would add, because I think stealers should do their warranty work, that even though it is easy to do, have the stealer adjust it the way it's supposed to be.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I thought the temp light was supposed to come on but I guess my mind is getting faulty. I suppose I'll try bleeding the front myself.

This time I didnt take it to the dealer but had a local bike shop do it. Prolly a mistake on my part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) Only about an inch. I picked up some speed bleeders from DLP for $15. Worth it IMO

2) Oil, neutral and high-beam if on. Would like to see that high-temp light come on just to see if it is working (Maybe it is suppose to and mine doesn't)
Mine temp light doesn’t either,

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,659 Posts
Almost 12 years old thread, man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts