Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a VTX 1800C 2002 and I really like the blue collar bobber kits ( Rear fender ,Taillights, Seat) they only sell them for the 1300 VTX is there anyone who has ever installed the 1300 kit on the 1800? im sure it can be done even if have to make modifications, any help or reply would be appreciated, Thank You

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep us updated to what you find out please! Thanks!
I have nothing new to report, I`d really like to pull the trigger on a kit from blue collar bobber, they look so close to mine, I just would like more feed back of mods made and complications, Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have any mechanical ability abd a spark of creativity you can make it work
I would say buy the kit.
Yes Sir your inspiration made my mind up, I pulled the trigger an ordered, I sure I can make this fit , I've took screen shots and everything is close , im going to try, Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
A really great source for bobber parts is JP Cycles
I think the blue ribbon bobber seats and fenders are a little pricey.
fender struts and brackets can be made by taking a trip to your local steel store.
i would find the widest solo seat i can find (at least 13")
for a narrow seat may look Wierd with that fat tank.
I have built a few bobbers in my 40+ years in motorcycles so if you run in to a snag pm me maybe i can help you figure it out.
I have a vt 750 in the works for a friend, just waiting on the parts to come in from JP Cycles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh one more very important thing i forgot to mention whatever you do, no matter how cool you may think it looks do not replace your shocks with rigid struts your back and bike will thank you.
Struts put a gard pounding on both.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep us updated to what you find out please! Thanks!
I ordered the bobber kit from blue collar bobbers, I actually ordered the kit or a 2004 1300C , it bolted up with no problem's at all, had to remove the black plate under the rivet in the swing arm but had great success, pictures later, im still debating on a paint color and whether to powder coat wheels or go chrome,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 2004 1300C kit from blue collar bobbers worked great on my bike, they don't advertise a kit for the 1800`s but I had no problems, bolted right up, still debating on a color for the bike and wheels whether to powder coat or go chrome?

·
FREEBIRD
7,625 Posts
The 2004 1300C kit from blue collar bobbers worked great on my bike, they don't advertise a kit for the 1800`s but I had no problems, bolted right up, still debating on a color for the bike and wheels whether to powder coat or go chrome?
Well, Ridgeback, there is an unwritten rule here.........PICS or it didn't happen. 😛

1 - 16 of 16 Posts