Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pretty simple ,,,they are just rivets,,,pulled battery and box out for access to the rivits and I have a lift so it was easy to get under and I just pryed them out and painted,,,but i put small nut and bolts in holes so fender plate would have a place to align too
Awsome thanks. Im putting one on now. Came across this post, and needed the advice. After running into same problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
So got my kit all put on. Except for the front fender. Looks like 1800s are built differently than 1300s on the forks. The brakets almost line up. I will be using the dremel to make holes more into ovals to bolt in. For now i ride no front fender. But it looks pretty awsome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also to anyone looking to do this and have a spare seat. I found a seat from Harley called the rocker C rear seat. Guy put it on a crossbones. Im looking at doing it to the vtx. Gives it a sportbike sorta style seat that hangs over the rear. Here is a youtube link

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got done modifying the old fender bracket to put on the fender. I just used a small drill bit. Followed it with one the same size as provided bolts. New bracket just goes over top of old vtx1800. The chrome looking one. Took her out for a spin and no rub. So good to go

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pretty simple ,,,they are just rivets,,,pulled battery and box out for access to the rivits and I have a lift so it was easy to get under and I just pryed them out and painted,,,but i put small nut and bolts in holes so fender plate would have a place to align too
I used the 2004 1300 C kit,,, it was no problem worked great their directions are east to follow,,lights were basically plug and play they make it simple to do,,had my bike painted Dodge charger gray,and wheels are powder coated black,,,will post pics
Hey, looking to put the kit on my bike. Do you have pictures since it’s been painted?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts