Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laid my bike down and need to make some (mostly cosmetic) repairs. It is a 2002 VTX1800R and the color is illusion blue.

The pipes are scratched all to hell, the front fender is scratched and bent, the tank was dented, and the aftermarket air cleaner was totally destroyed. Various other parts are scratched as well such as brake levers, mirrors, etc. I am also looking for a throttle cable since the local Honda shop does not have them in stock, though I will order one soon if I do not get immediate action.

I would be happy to take somebodies stock pipes off their hands since so many replace them with aftermarket pipes. Same goes for the air cleaner, a return to stock would suit me just fine.

I am located in the Seattle area and would especially appreciate offers from the local vicinity.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a brand new stock set of pipes off my 2008 1800T. Only used to set up the bike out of the box at the dealer, had Cobra Longs installed before I took delivery. $150.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am unsure if they will fit. I do not know how to verify, but when I looked on Bike Bandit the 2008 1800T pipes have different part numbers than the 2002 1800R pipes. Do you have any idea how to verify?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know the answer either. It may be something involving exhaust emissions like a sensor or the like. I'm not sure, but I believe the frames are the same. Maybe Barreass Choppers can enlighten us or somebody here on the forum. I'll make some inquires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts