Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Has anyone had to clean their fuel tank on a 2003 VTX 1800R? My bike has sat in a garage for many years and even though I have tried to take great care of it, the fuel that was left in the tank has left its mark on everything in the tank. I have done some research on how to clean the tank but now that i'm actually doing it I have found that it is extremely difficult to drain. Due to the shape of the tank you can't just flip it upside down. I have tried siphoning but still can only get it down to about a half gallon. I have removed the fuel pump assembly which makes it a little easier.

I appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

FYI.. I am also getting ready to purchase a new fuel pump assembly because it is toast. Rusted, wires broken, hoses rotted, etc... Any suggestions as to best place to purchase is welcome too.

Thanks a ton,
Chris

·
Registered
16,633 Posts
You might save a few bucks via the internet, but you don't know what you're getting. I prefer my local Honda/ powersports dealer. They are reliable, fair in pricing, have never screwed me, and I TRUST them. Choice is of course yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts