Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Kevin here, I have the Retro 1800 and need someone to tell me how to either extend the kickstand or where or what to buy to get the bike from almost laying down when the kickstand is down. I have never had such trouble pulling up a bike as I do with this animal. I need at least 2 or 3 inches lift and am about to get my torch out and heat and bend this one down. I am 156 pounds and the bike is full dresser with a Saddleman sissy bar tail bag. With me and the ole lady on its well over a thousand pounds and it is so bad that before I put the stand down I look for a place that's leaning so I can get it on the up side. I was thinking of getting an aluminum block and drilling it and bolting it to the bottom. I have severe back problems and if I can't remedy this situation it will only get worse. When I search for kickstand extension all I can find is the wing that makes it easier to put down but nothing that actually gets the bike where I need it. Any ideas please let me know. Thanks and ride safe. Kevin

·
Registered
16,929 Posts
Do the kickstand mod. You drill a hole through the blade, or toe part, and stick a bolt of your choosing dia. & length, through it. Most do it for easier use with the foot when putting it down, but I see your side too. Don't go too crazy with upright though, as then there is always the chance a super strong wind gust takes it over the other way.

Welcome to the madness from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
In the blue corner, weighing in @ 1000 pounds, it's The Beast !! ( crowd goes wild )

And in the red corner, weighing in @ 156 pounds, is Kevin !!!!( crowd gasps )

Welcome Kevin, PaXmans suggestions are on point. It is true the X has a definite lean when on the kickstand and I can imagine what 1000 pounds feels like for you. Don't go standing her up too plumb with whatever mod you decide on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a similar issue with actually getting the kickstand down. For some reason I just can't get a grip on it to bring it down. What size and length bolt would be good to put through the blade ( I assume that's the part that actually rests on the ground)? I assume too long is not good either, as it would hit the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts