Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Too short for my weight
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 2005 1800 N1. Bought her last year and brought her up to snuff. Also did some upgrades and mods.

2005 VTX 1800 N1, 11,400 miles, added MS fairing and shark audio stereo (all quick release), k&n air filter, modified air box cover, blue LED all over and a power distribution block. Has crash bars and I added highway pegs. Replaced stock grips with ISO grips, added brakeaway throttle lock. Installed Ndana led headlight. glens VTX gas cap hinge. Also have a spare seat (Bestem with backrest). Ground fix already done. New tires last year with 400 miles on them now (I put those 400 miles on since I bought her.) Added a phone mount and auxiliary power on the handlebars (both cigarette style and usb). And added a chrome drink holder. Upgraded rear shock bushings. Hard wired battery tender. All fresh fluids, oil has about 10 miles on it.

Also ran an extra 30A hot and ground into the headlight bucket for future fairing install. All the added wiring for peripherals is #10. Rides really nice and comfortabl, clean title in hand. Asking $5100

Reactions: sumdatx and IndyX

·
Super Moderator
10,466 Posts
Awesome looking bike. Best of luck with the sale. Hopefully you have another bike and are not quitting riding.

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak

·
Too short for my weight
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome looking bike. Best of luck with the sale. Hopefully you have another bike and are not quitting riding.
Thanks! I still have my 1300, she’ll be with me till the end.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
Super Moderator
10,466 Posts
Interesting. Not a lot of people go from 1300 to 1800 and then back to 1300 unless they are too small to handle the larger bike which is, of course, not your case. What do you prefer about the 1300?

·
Too short for my weight
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m comfortable working on the 1300, and it was my first bike when I came back to riding. I have a lot of time and money into the 1300 that I can never get back. Later I may get an Indian and give the 1300 to my son.

Reactions: sumdatx and IndyX

·
Too short for my weight
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,694 Posts
o_O And probably the same distance north of the Draggon o_O
Sorry you're having to let her go. Very sharp ride and the mileage is sweet. Wishing you a fast sell my friend (y)

·
There Can Only Be One
2,717 Posts
Sorry you're having to let her go. Very sharp ride and the mileage is sweet. Wishing you a fast sell my friend (y)
I told Sean that I was 46.3 miles away from him when we were home visiting the in-laws in Tiger, GA for Christmas. If he had posted it while I was there, it might've been sitting in my garage as I type this. :D

·
Too short for my weight
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I told Sean that I was 46.3 miles away from him when we were home visiting the in-laws in Tiger, GA for Christmas. If he had posted it while I was there, it might've been sitting in my garage as I type this. :D
I bet your in laws would love to see your family for MLK day....

Reactions: sumdatx and MR VTX

·
Too short for my weight
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! The dragon is another 45 minutes west of me.... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Selling my 2005 1800 N1. Bought her last year and brought her up to snuff. Also did some upgrades and mods.

2005 VTX 1800 N1, 11,400 miles, added MS fairing and shark audio stereo (all quick release), k&n air filter, modified air box cover, blue LED all over and a power distribution block. Has crash bars and I added highway pegs. Replaced stock grips with ISO grips, added brakeaway throttle lock. Installed Ndana led headlight. glens VTX gas cap hinge. Also have a spare seat (Bestem with backrest). Ground fix already done. New tires last year with 400 miles on them now (I put those 400 miles on since I bought her.) Added a phone mount and auxiliary power on the handlebars (both cigarette style and usb). And added a chrome drink holder. Upgraded rear shock bushings. Hard wired battery tender. All fresh fluids, oil has about 10 miles on it.

Also ran an extra 30A hot and ground into the headlight bucket for future fairing install. All the added wiring for peripherals is #10. Rides really nice and comfortabl, clean title in hand. Asking $5100

View attachment 240913
View attachment 240914
View attachment 240915
View attachment 240916

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
365 Posts
If only I could convince the misses to allow me two bikes.... Gotta say I love the blue 1800N! Best of luck selling your ride!

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak
1 - 13 of 13 Posts