Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about LED turn signals. I would like to change out my incandescent bulbs for LEDs. I have read tons of threads on multiple forums, including this one. I have the 9 pin flasher or a some may call relay. I have read about the conversion to the electronic flasher and splicing the wires for front and rear to make that work. Everything I've read says that you lose the front lights as marker lights if you do this mod. I don't want that. I want the front turn signals to remain as markers as well as turn signals. Has anyone found a way to make that happen? I absolutely will not add resistors because that defeats one of the purposes of LEDs in the first place, which is reducing power consumption. I have read about the Kisan signal minder but the one VTX review on that unit was not favorable and did not mention whether or not the front marker feature remained or not. Sorry this is long winded but I figured I would spell it all out up front before questions came. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I absolutely love all of the shared info on here and hope to be able to contribute.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I was the first to rewire.. 3/2005
not to go to LED.. but to loose the front running lights.

not a relay... its a electronic controller.. 2005 was the first year..

the circuit... runs 6 volts to the front bulb.... for running
and runs 12 volt for the turn signal...
using only one filament.
and has build-in not working bulb detection.

I KNOW.. NO HELP
good luck looking for your answer

plan to rewire..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was the first to rewire.. 3/2005
not to go to LED.. but to loose the front running lights.

not a relay... its a electronic controller.. 2005 was the first year..

the circuit... runs 6 volts to the front bulb.... for running
and runs 12 volt for the turn signal...
using only one filament.
and has build-in not working bulb detection.

I KNOW.. NO HELP
good luck looking for your answer

plan to rewire..
Sort of what I was expecting. Some creative rewiring will be the answer I guess. If I come up with a decent solution, I will post to hopefully help someone else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my LED conversion all done yesterday. Went with Switchback LEDs front and rear. Fronts have amber turn signals and white running lights. Rears have amber turns signals and red for two additional brake lights. Added electronic flasher and strobe 1157 bulb for brake lights. Will post pics and write up soon. Very happy with the results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts