Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Austin, TX.

Any ideas on a 7" LED headlight for 2007 VTX 1300C?

Fall of 2019 I bought a VTX 1300C that was well cared for.
I upgraded turn signals & taillights to LED.
Added a LED light bar and thought I'd change our the headlight to LED as well. I've checked many googled sites: J&P, Eagle Lights, and others I can't recall now. No luck so far.

Thoughts?
Kevin

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,693 Posts
There is company that sells those daymaker lights with bracket to mount up.

You can also just fit an LED bulb in place of the halogen. Plenty of options on that.

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
637 Posts
www.vtxdaymaker.com makes a replacement light housing (Daymaker) and an adjustable bracket (it is worth the added cost) that you assemble using components of your current light bucket. He makes an awesome product (his daymakers are better quality than the cheap ones you find online, so it is worth buying the full kit from him) and is a great guy that is very supportive of our bikes.

I also have a Cobra Light bar with 4.5" daymakers inside them.

Here is my bike:

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
16,927 Posts
I bought a Daymaker a few weeks ago, except for having an issue inside my bucket, I'm happy with it. If you go to the website, there are different styles, light output, halo trims with diff. colors, etc. The one I got was model B, with the adjustable bracket. You can specify the non-adjustable bracket, but why would you? My total cost was $160 or so. Daymaker is in Fla. He does this as a side enterprise, works a full time job so isn't always immediately available to answer correspondence or messages, but a pretty reliable guy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You can also just fit an LED bulb in place of the halogen. Plenty of options on that.
Thanks for that!
I did find daymaker LED, but aa I recall, they only has ot in a 5" bucket. The amaller size looked off.
LED bulb for existing headlight?
That would be great, but my mechanic has a reason that wouldn't work. I'll recheck that.
Thx!
Kevin
I bought a Daymaker a few weeks ago, except for having an issue inside my bucket, I'm happy with it. If you go to the website, there are different styles, light output, halo trims with diff. colors, etc. The one I got was model B, with the adjustable bracket. You can specify the non-adjustable bracket, but why would you? My total cost was $160 or so. Daymaker is in Fla. He does this as a side enterprise, works a full time job so isn't always immediately available to answer correspondence or messages, but a pretty reliable guy.
Paxman ... great name!
I will check him out this weekend.
Thx!
Kevin

I bought a Daymaker a few weeks ago, except for having an issue inside my bucket, I'm happy with it. If you go to the website, there are different styles, light output, halo trims with diff. colors, etc. The one I got was model B, with the adjustable bracket. You can specify the non-adjustable bracket, but why would you? My total cost was $160 or so. Daymaker is in Fla. He does this as a side enterprise, works a full time job so isn't always immediately available to answer correspondence or messages, but a pretty reliable guy.c
Thx for the reply.
I'm online now, looking for for 7" headlight or insert into existing.

What is the website? When I google daymaker it returns a Harley related website.
[/QUOTE]
Thx for the reply.
What is the website?
When I search, it returns, Harley daymaker or j.w.smith website.
I must be missing something.
Stay Healthy
Kevin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
www.vtxdaymaker.com makes a replacement light housing (Daymaker) and an adjustable bracket (it is worth the added cost) that you assemble using components of your current light bucket. He makes an awesome product (his daymakers are better quality than the cheap ones you find online, so it is worth buying the full kit from him) and is a great guy that is very supportive of our bikes.

Here is my bike:
Thx again!
I like the front

Here is my bike:
Thx again!
I'll check the site today.
btw-good looking light set up. It reminds me I could use a stand.
Kevin

·
Registered
16,927 Posts
Thx again!
I like the front

Thx again!
I'll check the site today.
btw-good looking light set up. It reminds me I could use a stand.
Kevin
Look up VTX Daymaker.com. His names, Shawn Noronha. In Fla.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look up VTX Daymaker.com. His names, Shawn Noronha. In Fla.
I liked what I saw on the vtxdaymaker website. Ordered kit B. It has eniugh light, running light, and is adjustable. I had a question today and Shawn got right back. Iu think this is going to work.
Kevin

·
Registered
16,927 Posts
I liked what I saw on the vtxdaymaker website. Ordered kit B. It has eniugh light, running light, and is adjustable. I had a question today and Shawn got right back. Iu think this is going to work.
Kevin
When you take the trim ring off. The 3 truss head screws that hold it on, make sure you don't lose one. Then, provided everything is the same as in my 1800 light, there will be 2 black tapping screws on the inside of the trim ring that hold EVERYTHING in place. Back them out gently, as the plastic base they screw into, could be very brittle as mine was. One just disintegrated. NO way to piece or glue together. Had to order a new trim ring from my Honda Powersports shop, ~ $26 or so. Make sure if you do, order the little black rubber gasket too, another ~ $2.50 or so. Old rubber gets brittle too. I also made a mistake taking the whole metal adjuster bracket apart, trying to get it adjusted right, but it still was aiming way left. I had it apart at least a dozen times trying to figure why it wouldn't adjust sideways, so I finally decided on 3 little shims under the right side black tap screw to align more to the right. I haven't tried it at night yet, but it seems to be aimed fairly straight, and I think the vertical is OK. There is an extra red wire/ connector coming off the harness, but I didn't use it just put a pc. of tape over it. Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I thought LED's needed a different reflector inside than a halogen. Asking because I'm new to this game and would like brighter lights all around.

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
637 Posts
I thought LED's needed a different reflector inside than a halogen. Asking because I'm new to this game and would like brighter lights all around.
You can put a LED bulb in an halogen reflector housing. It will in fact be brighter in the areas where the halogen bulb illuminated, it will also be brighter in the areas where light spills. This is what blinds/annoys oncoming traffic. This is especially bad on vehicles where the headlight housings are high (trucks, motorcycles). What it doesn't do, is focus the all the spilled light into a usable pattern like an LED in a projector housing (like daymakers) or even a halogen projector.

I personally wouldn't do it, the light pattern is SO much better on a good quality daymaker, all while not blinding traffic. This assumes you get the www.vtxdaymaker.com adjustable bracket, without it, it could be either not pointing far enough down the road, or may point too far (making it hard to see close up).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the input. Learning a lot here! Now just gotta convince the wife that I NEED a daymaker setup for my bike AND hers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Greetings from Austin, TX.

Any ideas on a 7" LED headlight for 2007 VTX 1300C?

Fall of 2019 I bought a VTX 1300C that was well cared for.
I upgraded turn signals & taillights to LED.
Added a LED light bar and thought I'd change our the headlight to LED as well. I've checked many googled sites: J&P, Eagle Lights, and others I can't recall now. No luck so far.

Thoughts?
Kevin
Greetings Austin 👍
I'm just down the road from you. I'm in the BBQ capital of Texas. . Lockhart . .
I have a 2005 VTX 1300R .
Just thought I would say hello to a fellow Texan 👈

1 - 13 of 13 Posts