Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 1300c black. Has Cobra pipes, floor boards, mustang Seat, throttle lock, Memphis windshield. Great bike, could use a tune up I'm sure and new rear tire. Has less than 7000 miles on it. Someone needs to enjoy this as I have kids and to many other projects, no time to get out and ride much.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,364 Posts
I agree with mjklaser. Unfortunately, the value of a 1300 is very low. I sold one that was top drawer. It had over $9,000 of add on parts including Tsukyu bags, lots of chrome, Ultimate seats, and custom paint. It was a 2006 with 22,000 miles and I was able to sell it for less than you are asking and that was 3 years ago. Here it is being driven away by the new owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
its NOT just your bike or price..

all larger motorcycles.. all brands... market is very slow...

and the Reason Honda stopped the VTX in 2009... poor sales then.. slower now.

many bikes are just being "Parked" for low interest and even lower offers of price..

I am getting several calls a week.. on how to do LONG term storage preparations on bikes.
from people I have not heard from in Y E A R S......

they would rather store it.. then give it away..

my opinion.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ok thanks for the info! Yeah sucks when you put money into something and nothing in return lol.
No one buys a motorcycle as an investment, but the market has definitely dropped over the past few years. Good luck on finding a reasonable buyer.

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
I never purchase a bike for a return on my money... the return is the fun and freedom.

I purchase New .. ride them as long as I wish...

50 years, 9 bikes...

current VTX1800F,, 2005 from New... 86,000 miles... yes, I seem to be riding a little less per year.. 6,000 last year.

I can also list the other 8..

just like cars... 10 or so years EACH...

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
I never purchase a bike for a return on my money... the return is the fun and freedom.

I purchase New .. ride them as long as I wish...

50 years, 9 bikes...

current VTX1800F,, 2005 from New... 86,000 miles... yes, I seem to be riding a little less per year.. 6,000 last year.

I can also list the other 8..

just like cars... 10 or so years EACH...
"Amen, brother Chuck!" :mosh: :glee: :47b20s0:

·
Super Moderator
11,364 Posts
I will close this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.