Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded for a 2007 vtx1300c..."antifreeze " green in color...The problem is that the gas tank is junk...Its not dented, just rotted from the inside...Has rotted holes in top and is soft enough that I could probably push my finger through the tank...Is there a viable option for a tank that would mount and work with minimal modification or does anyone have a suggestion for a factory tank? Not wanting to spend 1200 for a tank at dealership, and the few I have found online a dented and beat up...Any help or info appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
I belong to another forum (xjbikes.com) and i ran across a Jap bike Scrapyard. Think its called Bob's in Arizona i believe and according to the pics on the thread it looks like thousands of donors are there. may be a good resource for your tank.
I just traded for a 2007 vtx1300c..."antifreeze " green in color...The problem is that the gas tank is junk...Its not dented, just rotted from the inside...Has rotted holes in top and is soft enough that I could probably push my finger through the tank...Is there a viable option for a tank that would mount and work with minimal modification or does anyone have a suggestion for a factory tank? Not wanting to spend 1200 for a tank at dealership, and the few I have found online a dented and beat up...Any help or info appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the information..Definitely gotta get in touch with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts