Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum sorry if i post this wrong.
I just bought a 2007 vtx 1300c a few weeks ago. the guy that had it before me said it was very cold blooded and had to have the chock on in till it got warmed up,
it has aftermarket cobra pipes and stock air cleaner and filter, so after i let the bike warm up 5 mins or so it will run off choke but when i try to crack the throttle, it dies on its face. if i pull on it a couple times quickly i can get it to rev up but then through black smoke.! and also i pulled the plugs and they were pretty black cleaned them up and checked the gaps but didn't make a difference.
Im thinking its a crab issues that its not jetted right for the after market exhaust or i just need to adjust it?
just looking to get some help so im not going the wrong way,

Thank rider125$

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
You probably need a thorough carb cleaning followed by a rejet of the carb using ONLY Factory Pro parts not Dynajet. Search this forum and you will find a plethora of posts about doing these things. Once they are done, you will not need to and should not ever use the choke again. The choke on this bike is actually a fuel enricher (enrichener?) device the dumps extra fuel into the intakes when the choke know is pulled to the open position. This leads to richness and plug fouling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vinish, thank you of getting back! I’ve been looking on here but all I could find is, when guys are putting after market card cleaners and wanting to jet them. I’ve never really messed with anything this big but done a lot of mower cards and ex. Thanks for the help!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,697 Posts
Probably wouldn't hurt to dump a can of seafoam into gas tank.

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
My apology but I do not have the time to go searching and providing links for you. Can anyone point Rider125$ to good posts on cleaning and rejetting the carb on a VTX1300?

Reactions: Rider125$

·
Registered
2007 1300C
532 Posts
These are pretty good videos for carb cleaning, minimal work. You tube has several videos on the VTX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys very much!! Will clean the cards and dump the old gas out and put new in! Will let you know what I find.

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
807 Posts
Oh yea nice vids there. Still going great on my 05 1300 R just rolled over 69000 miles. Rarely does it hesitate, and when it does it's still cold and not warmed up. As I ride it as much as I can during the winter months, maybe riding more helps the carburetor stay cleaner longer? I did run some Seafoam through it a couple months ago. Once in a while I will do that, and she seems to be still doing pretty good. These vids will be handy for when the time comes to clean the carb out.

·
Too short for my weight
5,600 Posts
Yeah, before tearing the carb down, empty the old gas and run some seafoam through a tank of gas. That may fix it for you, if not you’re only out 6 bucks.

Reactions: Blaine C

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys I have a question? Did anyone else bike come like this from factory ? If so if I by the jet kit does it come with it to remove it to a flat head?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You probably need a thorough carb cleaning followed by a rejet of the carb using ONLY Factory Pro parts not Dynajet. Search this forum and you will find a plethora of posts about doing these things. Once they are done, you will not need to and should not ever use the choke again. The choke on this bike is actually a fuel enricher (enrichener?) device the dumps extra fuel into the intakes when the choke know is pulled to the open position. This leads to richness and plug fouling.
So I’ve been looking and can’t find the stage 3 factory pro jet kit does anyone know how to get it
So I’m trying to find the factory pro jet kits. But can’t not find. Was looking at other convocations on here and one said that the stage 3 and stage one factory pro set are the same? Is this right hoping some one can point me in the right direction.
Also does anyone have a video are pictures of the scar mod being done just wann see it hear all about it but no pictures thanks
sorry for asking all the questions

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
640 Posts
So I’ve been looking and can’t find the stage 3 factory pro jet kit does anyone know how to get it
So I’m trying to find the factory pro jet kits. But can’t not find. Was looking at other convocations on here and one said that the stage 3 and stage one factory pro set are the same? Is this right hoping some one can point me in the right direction.
Also does anyone have a video are pictures of the scar mod being done just wann see it hear all about it but no pictures thanks
sorry for asking all the questions
I dont know if he has inventory, but this is where I ordered mine. You can call them up and see.

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
I do not know all the details but I think the Factory Pro jet kit stage 1 and stage 3 will both work. You may have to look closely at descriptions of these to see where they differ or ask Factory Pro. Alternatively, perhaps someone here knows the subtle differences and can speak up... errr... type up.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I do not know all the details but I think the Factory Pro jet kit stage 1 and stage 3 will both work. You may have to look closely at descriptions of these to see where they differ or ask Factory Pro. Alternatively, perhaps someone here knows the subtle differences and can speak up... errr... type up.
Their tech, when I was ordering mine, said there was no difference. The key is to make sure you get the jets you may need. I needed a 210 main and 60 pilot, so I had them get me the optional 60.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you what to set it at b
Their tech, when I was ordering mine, said there was no difference. The key is to make sure you get the jets you may need. I needed a 210 main and 60 pilot, so I had them get me the optional 60.
How did you know what you needed?
Thanks guys I’ll call them tomorrow and see what they say!

·
Registered
640 Posts
How do you what to set it at b

How did you know what you needed?
Thanks guys I’ll call them tomorrow and see what they say!
I had my bike dyno tuned. The tuner wanted to talk to Factory Pro prior to taking my bike. After he understood the design of the needle, he suggested I get the optional 60 pilot and have it in case I needed it. In the end I did. My bike is tuned for power, not for mpg. I get at or under 30 mpg, but have high HP/torque numbers. I may, some day, bring it back for less power, more mpg, but for now, my smiles make up for my loss of mpg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had my bike dyno tuned. The tuner wanted to talk to Factory Pro prior to taking my bike. After he understood the design of the needle, he suggested I get the optional 60 pilot and have it in case I needed it. In the end I did. My bike is tuned for power, not for mpg. I get at or under 30 mpg, but have high HP/torque numbers. I may, some day, bring it back for less power, more mpg, but for now, my smiles make up for my loss of mpg.

Ok I see now.
So I called factory pro and the guy was a little help but not much I asked how much the kit was and he said it was 99 plus shipping And he said he thinks you get 3 main jets and 3 pilots and a needle and washer. Just seems a little off! Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ok I see now.
So I called factory pro and the guy was a little help but not much I asked how much the kit was and he said it was 99 plus shipping And he said he thinks you get 3 main jets and 3 pilots and a needle and washer. Just seems a little off! Thanks
That's what mine came with. I think it came with a 55 and 58 slow (one more I cant remember). For Main, it had 195, 200, and 210.

I ordered #4 washers from Radio Shack:

I actually didn't order the 60 from factory pro, I got the "GENUINE Keihin jet size 60 " from Jetsrus, I ordered it from:

·
Registered
2007 1300C
532 Posts
Ok I see now.
CRB-H80-3.0 I just opened one that has been around for a while that I haven't installed yet, this is what was inside
1 pilot jet----58
1 needle
4 main jets---210,215,220,225
4 needle clips
4 bowl screws
no washers
you can order extra pilot if you desire

1 - 20 of 21 Posts