1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VTX1800 TT, Spec2. Nearly Show Room Condition. Now $6500 or best offer

Upgrades
  • VTXEXhaust.com mod. Nicely louder, but not obnoxious,
  • Highway bars and Kuryakyn Chrome pegs.
  • Ultimate Seat set for rider and passenger with backrests and frog tog covers. Rider back rest not pictured. I'll try to update. I had removed it for a recent wash/wax.
Mileage: Just under 10,500. It'll change as I ride it this summer.
Tires: Replaced with new Dunlops at 8000 miles
Fresh oil change
Recent Drive oil change.
New battery 4/2020
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG

Must see to appreciate.

Email me if interested. My email address is my username at Comcast.net.

jh

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
It's only had 3 oil changes in 10 years?!...... good looking bike!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, I hope you're not stomping on my ad!!

Second, I bought the bike new from the dealership in late 2009. It had been in a crate at some Honda distribution warehouse prior to that.

So in a couple of months, I will have had it for 8 years, I believe. I have indeed changed the oil 3 times in 8 years by my record. The new owner will not only get an oil change
and filter, but all of the other new filters and oil I have remaining, along with whatever other stuff lives in my bike world (helmets, Scala riders, etc.) It turns out that the first oil change occurred at 589 miles. So rather than picking the fly shit out of the pepper endlessly on the interwebs about the oil change intervals, I decided instead to delete that statement from my text.

The bike has been 100% garage kept, and whenever it's gotten wet, has been completely dried off with compressed air. It is indeed a very nice bike.
jh

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts

Second, I bought the bike new from the dealership in late 2009. It had been in a crate at some Honda distribution warehouse prior to that.

So in a couple of months, I will have had it for 8 years, I believe. I have indeed changed the oil 3 times in 8 years by my record. The new owner will not only get an oil change
and filter, but all of the other new filters and oil I have remaining, along with whatever other stuff lives in my bike world (helmets, Scala riders, etc.) It turns out that the first oil change occurred at 589 miles. So rather than picking the fly shit out of the pepper endlessly on the interwebs about the oil change intervals, I decided instead to delete that statement from my text.

The bike has been 100% garage kept, and whenever it's gotten wet, has been completely dried off with compressed air. It is indeed a very nice bike.
jh
Dude, pull yourself together. I'm not stomping on your ad or whatever ridiculous comment you made. I was just taken back with only 3 oil changes in all those years. It seems like in time, degradation would occur. I was just making a comment.

It's a good looking bike, and I wish you luck in your sale.

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts

jh

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,049 Posts
Beautiful bike! I love the color combination. Looks like a spec 2 - should say on the VIN tag (model VTX1800T2).

Wish it was closer so I could take a look!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful bike! I love the color combination. Looks like a spec 2 - should say on the VIN tag (model VTX1800T2).

Wish it was closer so I could take a look!
It is indeed a Spec 2. I should have mentioned it, knowing that you all would know the difference. Original post edited to reflect that.

I was lucky to find this paint scheme. I had seen pictures of identical bikes, but at the time, they were like unicorns. When this one popped up, I jumped on it.

I love the bike. Obviously, I don't ride it a lot. But I haven't quit riding. The riding season here is short, and it's even shorter because I only ride in good weather, and with good road conditions. Of course, I've been caught in a few summer showers or thunderstorms - who hasn't? But because I so dislike riding in poor conditions, I try to avoid even the chance of it. It'll get a few more miles on it before it goes, but obviously not many!

I'd keep it, but my toy collection is so large that it's nearly unmanageable. My wife has decreed that "something's got to go," and not just one "something" that needs to find a new home.

jh

·
X Virgin
5,225 Posts
If you haven't, put it on cycletrader and craigslist. This time of year you have to cast a wider net imo. glws

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price drop!!!!! Now $6999.

Mileage 10,200. I'm just not riding this fantastic bike enough. It needs a home with a more active rider!!!

Fall 2018 - new battery and starter solenoid
7/2019 - Engine oil and filter change
7/2019 - Brake fluid flush and change
7/2019 - Clutch fluid flush and change.

jh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updated ad to reflect current mileage, reduce the price, and update maintenance actions (new battery 4/2020).

Bike still runs perfectly. Price keeps dropping!
jh

·
Super Moderator
10,208 Posts
Closed per request of OP as bike has sold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.