Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not much of a mech but hopefully you know a trivk. I took the n3 chrome radiator sides and black metal grill off to give it a good cleaning/shining. I am having a %#$!!*! time getting it back on because I can't the grill holes to line up properly with the chrome shroud holes so the bolt will go thru both and tighten down. Are there any tricks or Do This First rules you could pass along? Tks. l

·
Registered
16,891 Posts
I recently scored a chrome chin spoiler grill for my C. It was from another model, so was maybe 3/4" wider each side, but since it had the same 3 mounting holes, would work and not have any clearance issues. 1 top center bolt, 2 lower bolts. Use a slim punch or 2 to locate the holes, then get the 3rd started but not tightened, and then you can move both pieces around to locate the other bolts. Once all are in place, tighten snug, but not overly so. A dab of blue Loctite would keep them from vibrating loose.

Reactions: 68valiant

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, not having a punch I used nail that was closest to the screw size. Worked. I doubt whether I will ever take that chrome accessory off again. A real pain in the tail for me.
Thanks again.
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts