Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Jan 28-29, 2011 the wife and I are going to be doing a POLAR BEAR plunge to help raise money for the Arkansas Special Olympics....but this year we have step up the challenge...we are planing to do a SUPER plunge ,witch means we will be jumping in the pond for 24 hours ..ever hour on the hour...but in order for us to do that we set a minimum goal of $1,000 each to do it...and if we can raise $1,500 each, we will be wearing a costume on the final plunge for everyone to see...... The plunge will take place outside in a pond that will be very cold. I know times are hard and money doesn’t grow on trees but these athletes get so much joy out of competing and having a good time so open up your heart & pocket book and give. If you have pay-pal and wont to give that way here is my info [email protected] you can pleas leave a message on what your forum name is so I can thank you...OR here is a place you can donate to me if you do not have pay-pal http://www.firstgiving.com/jasoncaldwell . I will be posting a video and photos after the plunge.

Jason Caldwell
AKA ” RAMBO75 “

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
I plunged for ten years in NE Ohio in Lake Erie, finally doing the super plunge......we did once and hour for ten hours........that was enough!! I would get a motorhome to use as the base...will make it nicer to stay warm and change...and a place to rest!! good luck!!!! I'm sending a small donation...I always give locally.....:mosh:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You guys rock:mosh::mosh::mosh:!!!!!!!!!Thanks Gerald...you da man!!!!! :patriot: Thanks Jeff...when is you guys plunge so I can send you some $$. We were able to get one from a local owner and tried to get some warming tent from the army but they will be using them on training missions but I have to ask my friend on the fire dept., he said they have something that will work.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
You guys rock:mosh::mosh::mosh:!!!!!!!!!Thanks Gerald...you da man!!!!! :patriot: Thanks Jeff...when is you guys plunge so I can send you some $$. We were able to get one from a local owner and tried to get some warming tent from the army but they will be using them on training missions but I have to ask my friend on the fire dept., he said they have something that will work.
you rock for doing this..............

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Geez, I look at that picture and get shrinkage. You're both NUTZ but I respect why you do it. Me, I"m cold enough as it is seeing it, I'll settle for the paypal method!!! Both help and I remain warm.:D:D:D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For some reason every time I menschen plunging 24 time I get a sharp pain in my nether region:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
FREEBIRD
7,596 Posts
HA! That's the spirit Epi! Probably folded it in half so as not to embarass the others. Good on ya'! Rambo75, I am seriously inspired by your plunge! I'm going to have a talk with my union and see if we can one-up you! GOOD JOB, MAN!!!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I NEED YOUR ATTENCHION!!!!!!!!! If you plan on donating to the plunge and will be doing it threw Pay-Pal........ DO NOT USE THE E-MAIL ADDRESS FROM MY FIRST POST...we have dropping that e-mail provider " piss pore service ".....I have opened up a new e-mail account and it will be my new Pay-Pal info, here it is [email protected] sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
$$$ sent...I gotta stick with WB on this one.....play it safe....donate and watch from a nice warm house....:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank You Ed!!!!!!!!

Only $160.00 more until I'll have to freeze my assets off..and $660.00 till I make a spectacle of my self:mosh::mosh::mosh:

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Thank You Ed!!!!!!!!

Only $160.00 more until I'll have to freeze my assets off..and $660.00 till I make a spectacle of my self:mosh::mosh::mosh:
Well. we will have to keep "tabs" on this and make sure that happens...

You got money thru Paypal, Pictures are a must as I am sure that you know! :)
Yup...there had better be some....:D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thank you Marty!!!!!!

Photos & video......will be posted!!!!!!

I just wish all of you guys lived closer to me so you could come and watch us and root us on...........

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bump :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wish it ws plunge day, here is the pond we are plunging into!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Weather Report from Monticello Arkansas how cold was it this morning?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts