Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I do totally agree with you, but I have been thinking about this long and hard. I live in the Central Valley of California. If I were to go down, the likelihood of having to go to the hospital is too high, and that leads to a number of problems.

1) I would take a hospital bed up that a Rona patient might need
2) If there is any place I don't want to be right now on account of the Rona, it's a hospital. That is like the most likely place to catch this shit.
3) I work from home, and I hear the ambulances going by all day and night, and I live in an area that is not too close to hospitals, so the likelihood that an ambulance needed might already be busy is very high right now, I could maybe not survive an accident that I would have otherwise survived.
4) Literally right now is when a Rona spike is going to explode in my area. If you watch the data, you can kind of judge when your area will get it's big spike, and my area is for sure about to be a shit storm.

So, after thinking about all this, I decided I was going to not ride and just work on little things on the bike, or on my Jeep and just stay the **** at home.

Also, I'm not saying don't ride to anyone else, this is just what I'm doing.

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
358 Posts
Since it has been 16 days and no takers... I agree that most maybe aren't venturing out with the Stay Home, Stay Healthy orders in place. So, in light of that, I am changing the mark to better fit the environment of the day.

The new mark: Your bike pictured with whatever hobby, project, artwork, maintenance item, that you have been working on during the lock down. If your bike is that project/hobby then so be it, just take an "action" photo while in the process or a before/after shot.

I personally have been busy with a project that I picked up earlier this year. a 1980 Dodge D50. Cracked head/worn out engine... Been working on getting it all cleaned up and ready for the new engine once that gets back from the machine shop. Socially distancing myself to my driveway. (bug shield was removed on first picture as I wasn't sure I wanted to keep it) Amazing what a little elbow grease, wax, and some spray paint can achieve.

This entry would not count as my bike is not in the shot...

The new mark again: Your bike pictured with whatever hobby, project, artwork, maintenance item, that you have been working on during the lock down.
That project can be your bike, as long as you can show pictures of what was done or being done.

Stay safe and healthy!

·
Registered
659 Posts
They dont look like much, but I put together a couple of adirondack chairs. We had 70 degrees Saturday when I put them together, then we ended up getting about 7" of snow so I had to throw them inside the garage to keep them dry. With everything else in there the only place they fit was on top of the bench. Plan is to stain them this weekend.

If you'll allow it--The next mark (keeping with the stay-at-home theme) should be your bike parked next to your daily driver (or other daily driver).

Reactions: 68valiant

·
Registered
19 Posts

Here are mine. The Jeep came before the bike, but I work from home, so I don't daily drive anything anymore lol

Sticking with the "Stay the F at Home" theme, how about your bike and some form of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)? Could be that $20,000 N95 mask you got on ebay, face shield, goggles, a shotgun, whatever you got to keep out the Rona!

Stay Healthy!

·
Registered
659 Posts
View attachment 238877

Here are mine. The Jeep came before the bike, but I work from home, so I don't daily drive anything anymore lol

Sticking with the "Stay the F at Home" theme, how about your bike and some form of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)? Could be that $20,000 N95 mask you got on ebay, face shield, goggles, a shotgun, whatever you got to keep out the Rona!

Stay Healthy!
I've got a soft spot for jeeps. Yours looks great! I beat on mine probably more than I should for a DD

Reactions: 68valiant and Wigit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, that's a nice TJ you have there too! This Jeep and I have been through quite a bit together. It's been through the Rubicon a bunch of times, and a few other northern cali trails and ohv parks, and I went to JV for King of the Hammers last year which was a ton of fun bombing around in the desert. She's definitely not built for the high speed stuff though.

- Rubicon
- KOH with Hammertown in the background
- Hollister Hills SVRA with iamjake if you know who that is

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't ride yet as my bike needs some maintenance work that I can't do:cautious:
Well, it's kind of a stay at home theme right now cause a lot of us are stuck at home and not riding. The current challenge is "your bike and some form of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)?"

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Condoms don't count. LOL

·
Registered
119 Posts
isnt PPE more in line with masks or eye protection rather than a "tool"?
Could be... Your call.. I am just trying to keep the thread moving along. Like I said in the pic... your call/submitted for approval.

If not, how about a new mark?

·
FREEBIRD
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
From the original rules: "I'm going to add this one little rule just to keep the ball rolling and the search fresh: If 10 days have passed without finding the mark, then ANYONE can pick a new mark. No hurt feelings allowed!"(PPE mark was made 12 days ago)

That being said, I'll lob a softball in there nice and easy....(following Grolli's suggestion) Your bike somewhere away from home with your favourite beverage in the cup holder or on the seat. Is anybody actually riding? I have another week of rain here, then it's game on for me!

·
Tinkerer
1,731 Posts
I rode to the park today, but couldn't enjoy my beverage there. We are encouraged to go to the parks, but they are closed.

The next mark is your bike and: a covered bridge.

Attachments

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,651 Posts
I rode to the park today, but couldn't enjoy my beverage there. We are encouraged to go to the parks, but they are closed.

The next mark is your bike and: a covered bridge.
They cut capacity in half and started blocking people from entry. Been on FB couple days that parks are full.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Good to see you still with us, Ted.

Reactions: 68valiant and LEGO
41 - 60 of 106 Posts