Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Deuce
I returned home about 4:30 this afternoon. I had about 1100 miles for the weekend. I did about 3/4's of the Hellbender on the way down on Thursday. Great day on Back of the Dragon and Head of the Dragon Friday. Great ride Saturday and cook out. Good to see everyone again.
I took a test ride on Deuce's/Bruce's V-Strom this morning. It's everything he said it was. I came back with a grin on my face and another reason to buy an adventure bike. It was a blast to ride. He then lit up my phone with lots of suggestions of ways to spend my money.
Ouch, the shower mats at the Count Gilu in WV. are not just there for decoration. I slipped and crashed. I must have kicked the edge of the tub on the way down. It hurts but I'll live. I think my pride hurts more. View attachment 242267 View attachment 242267
View attachment 242267
Glad I could help feed your motorcycle addiction 馃弽馃槀. Always happy to help someone else spend there $$$ on good stuff 馃槵 see you soon brother don鈥檛 forget to stop and get me on the next trip willow and I will be ready to ride with you.

Registered
A followup to my bike breakdown last weekend, my 'mechanic' just called and said it was done. He found several broken or bare spots on the RTB wiring, so re-wired and moved to another spot. He took it for a maybe 10 min. ride through town and on the interstate, found no additional problems. I'm sure the guys who helped in Davy & Welch could have eventually found the problem, but at the time I thought just loading it up and getting it home was the best thing for me. Now to ride it some on additional shakedowns and hope it really is fixed. Cost me $100. Well spent.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Glad you got the problem fixed. Keep us updated as you test it further.

WTF, Over!
Great! And only $100? Sounds like you have a great mechanic.

Reactions: PaXman11

Registered
Great! And only $100? Sounds like you have a great mechanic.
I lost the flashing function at the TS, but retained it for the brake/run light, and have to compensate with incandescent bulbs for my LEDs in the TS to slow the flasher rate, but other than that......his brother has an '02 1800 w/ 180K+ and doesn't know how to do didly to it, so yeah, he knows his way around a TON of bikes.

Reactions: IndyX
41 - 45 of 45 Posts