Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reality Check Bounced
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mosh:put on a KUMHO- ECSTA-asx car tire on my 06 F-3.Ordered online at www.tirerack.com My best bud and I took off the wheel and I cut the old one off and we tried to mount the car tire. Old farts doing a young mans job don't work to well.2X Poop Alert. We got it part way on and had to hunt for a store or shop to get it finished.After 2 no's and a BS story on why it's taboo to have done and a sermon on whatever will happen at a M/C shop. Next M/C shop did it with a smile and an extra tip from me. Tomorrow I'll Dyna-Bead it, the front is a 880 DBed.
Did a lot of research and found no concrete data on anyone having any problems with car tires on M/Cs other than operator errors.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I think you will like it Carl.
You can't tell the naysayers anything, but trust me, It can help save your ass.
Where did you end up getting it done. Thunderbay cycles in Tampa has no problem doing it.

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
Welcome to The Darkside young sith aprentice:mosh:

·
Reality Check Bounced
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you will like it Carl.
You can't tell the naysayers anything, but trust me, It can help save your ass.
Where did you end up getting it done. Thunderbay cycles in Tampa has no problem doing it.
I'll get the name of the shop soon. It's on 49th St same side as Biffs.

·
a fat guy
172 Posts
most ppl are scared to mount in a regular t shop cuz they dont want it to come back on them i know my boss dosent want me doing them during houres but he sazid if he didnt know about it it wouldent hurt him:icon_susp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts