Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers:i made it home safe the bike did good my floor bords are gone. i finley got to ride the gap i will put pic up when i get off work

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
And we have another Dragon Slayer in our midsts-eses (sp? :hmm2:)!

Hope the memories and photos help bring back your adventure over and over MANY times! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Now that's a ride!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
233 Posts
:cheers:i made it home safe the bike did good my floor bords are gone. i finley got to ride the gap i will put pic up when i get off work

2645 miles in 4 days and all we get is a one line post???? :nono:Come on Jason, you have to do better than that. Give us some details! :hmm2:Tell us the story! Where all did you go? What was the route? What happened to the floor boards?

Glad you made it home safe.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is some pic from my trip

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2014863461076.122651.1528510858

we stayed at the 2 wheel inn. me and a buddy on a klr650 rode up there thursday. we rode evry back road we coulld find. the dragon ate my floor bords,i had a sportser try to keep up that dint happen lol. he did not know i used to ride sportbikes. got to see the big dam, a warterfall it is nice up there . i cant load pic so i put them on my facebook

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
can't see the pics...don't have permission...did you make it that everyone can see them?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Thanks. Nice pics...Looked like it was semi crowded that day!

·
Sarge
643 Posts
Congrats! Gotta love it when another X'er proves that our bikes are made reliably enough for a carefree long haul!!!

Tell us how much you loved/hated the dragon!!! Many have done it, most (like me) love it but some don't...interested in your thoughts as a lot of folks look to this as a major feat and can be disappointed.

Where'd you stay while you were there? Good experience?
Food choices? Back in the day there were not many other than fast food (which is ok by many, but some (spouses mostly) prefer something different..

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
You know, ya'll done got me a jonesin' to ride this damn road! I guess one more trip this fall ain't gona kill me, but the ol' lady might!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I love that place, the 2 wheel inn rocks.

I stayed there this year when I did the Dragon and then Blue Ridge.

·
Let's Ride
1,825 Posts
Damn. Passed right by it. Shoulda made the detour!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Congrats on big miles in low days!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts