Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Deuce
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the late posting but it’s finally time.
I’d like to invite everyone to the riverside tech session.
As always there will be more food than can be ate so come hungry.
Friday as always will be just hanging out getting camps set up and eating and have a bon fire (started making the pile this weekend) Saturday we will work on bikes all day or until work is done. Saturday evening when work is done I’ll plan a nice peg scrapping couple hour ride. Sunday we will leave around 8:30ish and have breakfast and hit the 555. I’m thinking this year we are going to ride on down to the hillbilly hotdog for lunch and to say our good buys for the ones that will continue home from there. The ones heading back north with me we will take a nice scenic ride back to zanesville.
This is an event you don’t want to miss we always have a great time on the river.

As always there is plenty of room to camp if you would like to camp. We do have room for a couple toy haulers so fee free to contact me about that.
Also the guest house will be a available with running water. Also the cabin will be available with new steps this year (Gary)
If you fish and want to bring a pole feel free to do so plenty of spots to fish.

Thoes that will need a motel here are a few that’s closest to my house.

Fairfield Inn 740)453-8770" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow noopener">(740)453-8770
725 Zane St. Zanesville Oh. 43701

Comfort Inn 740)454-4144" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow noopener">(740)454-4144
500 Monroe St. Zanesville Oh. 43701

Baymont Inn 740)454-9332" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow noopener">(740)454-9332
230 Scenic crest Dr. Zanesville Oh. 43701

Hampton Inn 740)453-6511" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow noopener">(740)453-6511
1009 Spring St. Zanesville Oh. 43701

My address is
8075 N. River Rd. Zanesville Ohio 43701
When you GPS my address make sure your on north river roads east (666) there is another notrth river Rd but it’s on the wrong side of the river. If your coming from the east DO NOT TAKE the AIRPORT exit (lot of gravel going this way) your GPS will want you to take first just roll past and take the Underwood St exit GPS should pick up from there no service issues here.

If anyone coming that does not have my number and would like it send me a PM and I’ll be happy to give it to you Incase you have issues getting here.

I’m sure I forgot to mention something but there’s time to cover it.

I hope to see all the family here this year it’s going to be a special year.

·
Registered
15,783 Posts
I'm planning on it. My usual room, lol.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,976 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,976 Posts
the church group...( Ohio ) just did there once a year 555 run Saturday ( yesterday )... 3 riders...

I started it a few years ago...
3 riders?

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
3 riders?
Yes, we never had a large group... but most that ride.. would NOT do 300 miles in a day...let alone 450...
Mark and I were the only ones that went every year.... I got Mark to enjoy the twisties...

YES, 450 miles... for a Saturday ride.. :).......
breakfest at 6:00am..... Zanesville by 9.... 555 south... over to 26 then 800 then home.

·
Deuce
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, we never had a large group... but most that ride.. would NOT do 300 miles in a day...let alone 450...
Mark and I were the only ones that went every year.... I got Mark to enjoy the twisties...

YES, 450 miles... for a Saturday ride.. :).......
breakfest at 6:00am..... Zanesville by 9.... 555 south... over to 26 then 800 then home.
Every bit of 450 miles from where you lived. That made for a real nose ride a little mixture of all kinds of roads.

Ride free ride safe

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,976 Posts
Hmm. That makes for a long day of riding. Not opposed to it though. :)

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,976 Posts
It’s not far into WV

Ride free ride safe
Yeah I was looking at the Google maps time back to home. :p

No worse than the way I rode back last time from 555 though.

Not sure if I'll camp overnight or motel it this time.

Hell I've even thought of riding over in morning getting breakfast and just doing the ride. Extra long day with that but doable.

·
Deuce
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I was looking at the Google maps time back to home. :p

No worse than the way I rode back last time from 555 though.

Not sure if I'll camp overnight or motel it this time.

Hell I've even thought of riding over in morning getting breakfast and just doing the ride. Extra long day with that but doable.
It’s not far from the end of 555. Welcome to camp all weekend

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
15,783 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
6,976 Posts
Wrong direction for me!
I figure pull off at the end of 555 at whatever gas station and people break off as needed or ride for a dog.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts