Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda VTX 1300 R
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded my half helmet into a full face helmet. My problem is that I wear glasses. Cant put my helmet on with glasses on and its hard as heck to get them on after I put on my helmet. Anybody have the same problem and could suggest a fix? Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
I wear glasses, have a HJC flip up modular full face. I put the helmet on, then lace the chin strap, then gently slide the glass stems in and over my ears, adjust for level on my nose. Then flip down the lower part of the helmet and latch it. I then adjust the clear face flip up 1 notch open so I get some air moving around my face to keep it from fogging up.

·
Registered
2005 VTX1800 S2
83 Posts
I bought special glasses from rec-spec that wrap-around pretty well. Not sure if they would be easier to get on with the helmet on, but the fit well inside the close fitting visor of my half helmet. The problem I have it buffeting at highway speeds makes my helmet shake my glasses and makes things get blurry.
Any suggestions for that?

Reactions: vtx-1300

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
I bought special glasses from rec-spec that wrap-around pretty well. Not sure if they would be easier to get on with the helmet on, but the fit well inside the close fitting visor of my half helmet. The problem I have it buffeting at highway speeds makes my helmet shake my glasses and makes things get blurry.
Any suggestions for that?
Helmet buffeting is usually from the top, because of no windshield or one that isn't tall enough to have the top edge level with the eye line of sight, or because of too much air coming up from the forks area, and that can be resolved with a set of fork lowers. Lots of threads about these, ones you can buy from Nat'l. Cycle, or Memphis Shades, or Kuryaykn metal ones, or DIY plexiglas/ ABS ones that attach to the forks with clamps.

·
Registered
2005 VTX1800 S2
83 Posts
Helmet buffeting is usually from the top, because of no windshield or one that isn't tall enough to have the top edge level with the eye line of sight, or because of too much air coming up from the forks area, and that can be resolved with a set of fork lowers. Lots of threads about these, ones you can buy from Nat'l. Cycle, or Memphis Shades, or Kuryaykn metal ones, or DIY plexiglas/ ABS ones that attach to the forks with clamps.
I would bet air up from the forks area. I have a factory windshield. It is a little too tall, or I am short, but I prefer the windshield is too tall. Only happens at 80 mph. 70-75 is fine, unless there is a heavy crosswind.

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Someone stole my Bell full face a couple of months ago. It was sitting on my seat just like I've done for many years of riding. Long story short, I replaced it with my first modular helmet a (Schuberth). There's no going back. It's so easy to put on and remove as well as my glasses. Almost makes me want to thank the guy who stole my old full face!

Cheers, Caveman

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
Someone stole my Bell full face a couple of months ago. It was sitting on my seat just like I've done for many years of riding. Long story short, I replaced it with my first modular helmet a (Schuberth). There's no going back. It's so easy to put on and remove as well as my glasses. Almost makes me want to thank the guy who stole my old full face!

Cheers, Caveman
You picked a good brand.

Reactions: 07Blackcherry
1 - 9 of 9 Posts