Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a year and three months, I'm going back to work Monday. I've been interviewing and keeping in touch with these people since the end of October and finally got my paperwork done and dropped of my toolbox today. Didn't want to say anything earlier cause I didn't want to get false hopes.

It seems like it's going to be a really good job. Very clean and modern facility and everyone I've met so far seems really cool too.

Here is a website if you care to look at. The video under Precision Machining shows some cool stuff as do the rest of them and everything in and including the building is bought and paid for which tells me the owner is not afraid to invest money back into his business.

http://www.altek-inc.com/

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Congrats MPD :mosh:
That does look like a big time business indeed! I hope you work there as long as you want.
Bry:choppersm

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Congrats! :mosh: Hope it turns into a great relationship. :D

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
That is great, now you need to get back into the groove of things.

I am going balls to the wall on my machines making parts for FOX SHOCKS, they want 5000 extra parts in Feb so I have to figure out how to get an extra 500 a week for the next 10 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Congrats on the new job...

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks All!!

Charlie, they are gonna bring me up to speed slowly. Basically they want to train me to do things their way and they fully understand that I've been out of work for a long time.

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Thanks All!!

Charlie, they are gonna bring me up to speed slowly. Basically they want to train me to do things their way and they fully understand that I've been out of work for a long time.
I am glad to hear that.

I am pretty set in my methods and fine tune the jobs for max production on each machine, helpers get pissed when I say do it my way or get out of my sight.

Everything is about quality and no rejects leave the work center period.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts