Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend on a Valkerie and I went to New York from Elliot Lake Ontario to get his picture with the Statue of Liberty. We rode about 14 hour days and loved it. Counted 50 dead deer, I only counted what I could confirm as deer, no close calls, no tickets. Not much stopping, great weather. Loved PA back road twistys. A few fun rips from time to time with the Harley folks. All in fun and a friendly wave at the end. Inter State drivers in the big cities are much better than in Greater Toronto area. Your folks use the left lane and get back over. Everyone is also more consistant on the speed which makes for less lane hopping. All in all a fantastic trip. All done with my new Yokahama Enviger with no issues at all. It does eat a couple more miles per gallon. More rubber on the road I guess. Gas was as low as 3.67 to 4.02 in Soo Michigan. Average fill up about 12 bucks. Gas in Canada average 16 bucks, more gas tax.

Cost as cheap as we could. Memories (Priceless) American Folk (Great, not one bad experience)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves! Nothing better than riding and doing it with a friend. Thanks for sharing and be safe.........

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The city ride was a blast, not that busy as it was the long weekend, I think half the city left. You have to the love the highway running in the area, they all drive like there is not a cop in the world, we fit right in. It is quite the place. Next time I will fly down with the wife and spend some time wandering the sites.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
You saw a drop in mileage on the Yoko? I have the same tire and still fall in the same mileage range as the 200 Cobra the Yoko replaced. I get about 40 riding 2up (total weight about 475lb) at highway speed on a 2007 1800t.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
You where less than 100 miles from me. Wish I'd have known I'd have fed you guys and given you a place to sleep for the night.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Cool trip...really looking forward to my trip this summer...

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
A friend on a Valkerie and I went to New York from Elliot Lake Ontario to get his picture with the Statue of Liberty. We rode about 14 hour days and loved it. Counted 50 dead deer, I only counted what I could confirm as deer, no close calls, no tickets. Not much stopping, great weather. Loved PA back road twistys. A few fun rips from time to time with the Harley folks. All in fun and a friendly wave at the end. Inter State drivers in the big cities are much better than in Greater Toronto area. Your folks use the left lane and get back over. Everyone is also more consistant on the speed which makes for less lane hopping. All in all a fantastic trip. All done with my new Yokahama Enviger with no issues at all. It does eat a couple more miles per gallon. More rubber on the road I guess. Gas was as low as 3.67 to 4.02 in Soo Michigan. Average fill up about 12 bucks. Gas in Canada average 16 bucks, more gas tax.

Cost as cheap as we could. Memories (Priceless) American Folk (Great, not one bad experience)
I was in New York a month ago for work. First time I had ever flown and been that far north. New York and New Jersey are some unique places. It sounds like yall had a great ride. That's a lot of miles in a short time. Definitely a great ride to break in a new tire. Personally, I would expect gas mileage to drop a little when putting on a CT. The increase in rolling resistance should decrease the fuel mileage. What size tire did you remove?

Again, it sounds like yall had a great ride. :choppersm

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You where less than 100 miles from me. Wish I'd have known I'd have fed you guys and given you a place to sleep for the night.
Thats very nice of you. Every road was a spur of the moment decision with a general end direction. I will get to one of these tech sessions sooner or later to meet some of you folks. The first one was still a little cool up here to leave.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts