Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered and received my A/F screw permanent mount kit. I'm planning to install it this weekend. Has anyone had any issues installing theirs? It looks fairly straight forward, but I thought I'd ask around just in case I'm missing something.

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Nah, its pretty easy.

Just be Sure to get the factory Metal Washer and Rubber O-ring Out.. You don't want to have two rubber o-rings up in there. If there is any question about getting it out, you can take a mirror and a flashlight and look up in there to be sure. I say that because sometimes when you pull the stock a/f screw out, they might not come with the screw. At that point, you're fishing it out. The end of a Zip-Tie works well.

Only other thing I can think of it to make sure when you screw in the permanent replacement, Lightly Seat it. Dont want to crush that o-ring by cranking down on the permanent a/f. Then around 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 turns out. That sould be really close. (considering you're completely Stock)
-Gonz

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yup just make sure you get all the old parts out before putting your new AF screw in.

very easy install and makes udjusting the AF screw sooooo easy!

This should give you a better idea of the location

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showpost.php?p=425335&postcount=4

Just follow glens permenant mount on my photos and you will see where it enters the carb body

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Everything said above is correct so the only thing I can add is, when your pulling out the stock screw go slow and be sure to have a good hold on it if you want to save the stock parts. (they fly very well to area's unknown)

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys and i really do appreciate the inputs and comments. I'll give it a go this weekend. I'm tired of the lag or late response when hitting the throttle so i'm fairly sure she's running rich. Also I have pulled some plugs and that's what there showing also. Thanks again,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts