Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What time is the meet?

Sorry about taking forever to reply to this thread! Big Jojo(the guy who is organizing this ride) needs to move the ride a bit more north than Cape Coral. The members from Tampa are dropping out due to the length of the trip. Im all for it! It gives us a bit longer run! I am not sure where its going to be since I really dont know anything north of the Cape. (I know its sad!) If you have anny suggestions feel free to PM big jojo. I will still be attending the ride! I hope some of SW Fl X Riders will go!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is the January 15th ride still on? If so, who is riding from where and what is the final destination?
I thought originally it was a Tampa group riding to SunSports Cycle in Ft Myers, then on to Sanibel Island and back to Cape Coral for lunch. Then it was changed to meet near Pine Island and on to the Island for lunch. I now believe the conversation is not to come as far south as Cape Coral or Ft Myers due to the lack of interest of the length of the ride. Please would someone post what the new ride is. Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok, The Tampa guys have canceled the ride to meet up with us. There were too many things going on and lack of interest. Big Jojo wants to plan another one after feb. If you guys wanna ride Jan 15th Im up for it. We can keep it local if you wish. Let me know.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm up for it, the weather of course being the deciding factor. I like to keep it fun and riding in cold is not what I call fun (65-70 degrees is OK). Anyhow I wouldn't mind riding to Punta Gorda, I would rather wait until it warms up and ride for a late lunch, it looks like they are projecting the temp in the high 60's.
James are you planning to talk with Rock and Dan about riding? :choppersm

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm up for it, the weather of course being the deciding factor. I like to keep it fun and riding in cold is not what I call fun (65-70 degrees is OK). Anyhow I wouldn't mind riding to Punta Gorda, I would rather wait until it warms up and ride for a late lunch, it looks like they are projecting the temp in the high 60's.
James are you planning to talk with Rock and Dan about riding? :choppersm

Thats fine with me waiting until it warms up a bit during the day! Rock I doub will be going. his bike got hit by a car. He is ok but he has no clue how long until his bike is fixed. I figured I would just post here and whomever wants to join will post. I may just shoot out an email.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just found out we have some friends down from Michigan and we are meeting them in Punta Gorda for dinner. So if we ride on Saturday I would prefer a different destination, I guess we can decide where, if we ride, lets keep in touch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm just going to play it by ear. I know I'll ride but may be 2up. I'll see what she wants to do and maybe just take her sight seeing. I may ride 78 to Labelle and keep it in the country. Traffic is a bear, so I'm avoiding Sanibel/Captiva until the snowbirds fly north. I'd like to be on the road by 11:00 at the latest. If anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Knee thought I would through out my cell phone number 239-560-6934, if you care to share yours just pm it to me. We would be riding two up as well as I'm the only one with cert. My wife Nancy rode years ago when we all had dirt bikes, yet has no desire to ride on the street.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds like we are all on our own today, I haven't heard back from Dan or Cypress knee so the wife and I will do our own thing. Have a good week end everyone.
Jerry:choppersm

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey gang Nancy and I rode out 78 to 31 north to a small car/bike show/benefit. They had over 200 cars last year and at noon today they would have been lucky to have 100 cars and truck no bike were being shown although several were ridden out there. We then went into downtown Ft Myers and there was a music fest (BENEFIT FOR AUTISIM)with 11 stages set up for continuous music from 11:00am until 8:00pm. lots of people and bikes as well. Anyhow that was our outing, had to cut it short going to Naples to visit friends,dinner and cards.
Jerry:choppersm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts