Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I like the comment below it saying "Harley Davidson is more than a motorcycle...it's a lifestyle". I don't need a motorcycle to describe me, I ride because I want to and enjoy it. Anyway, good ad. H-D really did do Buell wrong.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That should get some National airplay during primetime, lol. I love how Hardly riders always pull this pistol out of their pocket when they cant defend Hardly..pistol being "if i have to explain it to you, you wouldnt get it anyway"
Man, that is some copout. Anyway, thanks for posting, it was funny. And true! Bry :choppersm

·
Registered
133 Posts
One of my partners is a Buell rider and I ignorantly dismissed them for years. We went for a ride and his 984cc smoked my 1300! They definitely got the shaft from Harley. Good scoots.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The other day some Harley guys were giving me crap about how great their pipes are Vs the VTX and how everything but Harley is crap. So on the spot I was like

"Yeah those pipes are great man, Harely even did you one better, they gave you BIG ORANGE LETTERS all over so people can still see you when your broke down on the side of the road and the pipes are no help. Now that's intelligent engineering! Harley had the forethought to know you would spend just as much time broke down as on the road, so they created a solution. However I prefer Honda's solution, just keep it running..."

Needless to say i was proud of my quip and they were speechless.

·
Favorite Bike - V65 Magna
1,437 Posts
Did anyone mention that HD got a bailout, in 2009, from the U.S. Government. Yep, for the second time. Since we taxpayers are paying for a share of every HD on the road, we should be allowed to ride one every now and then. If we ever wanted to?

Geezer

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
That was a funny video. I read recently that Buell will produce commercial racing bikes again in his own plant. The article talked about how HD brass didn't want to go with a new design he thought up over 10 years ago because it went against the Harley culture. He didn't come out and say it, but it was pretty clear Buell was disgusted with the way HD dismissed his ideas.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i have seen that before somewhere...i thought that it was hilarious!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I remember when the first buell came out. It was fast for a v twin, but it sure was never a cruiser, it was one ugly machine, but weighed about half as much as a VTX. As i recall, not many people wanted to spend the money , price was pretty high, for such a bad looking uncomfortable bike.

thats my two cents worth.
Bry :choppersm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts