Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

A plug for Glen's Garage

Tags
a/f cpr gas cap
3K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  jerryprague 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum.......sort of. Have posted a couple replies but that is about it other than read a TON of Great info on here. Any subject and there is info on it! Really a wonderful resource for the VTX, and I really like the attitude of everyone on the forum.

OK, I installed Glen's permanent A/F screw, Hinged Gas Cap and Clutch Pull Relief this weekend. 1st, Glen's Kits and instructions are GREAT:patriot: You couldn't ask for a better thought out kit. I did somehow run into trouble though (by not reading the instructions completely:banghead:) on the CPR and sent Glen a message telling him I broke his tool. Didn't really expect a reply until the next day, but Glen replied relatively soon and then followed up with a phone call to see where I was on the CPR mod and how he could help.
WOW, what a fantastic guy and talk about customer service.....he wasn't worried about the tool he just wanted me back on the bike! What a Guy!

If anyone out there is thinking about any of these mods from Glen's Garage....Do it, you will be pleased and you couldn't have a better guy in your corner.

#2 ·
I agree 100%. Just installed the gas cap hinge and the turn signal beeper/4 way kit. The instructions were perfect.

Still have the clutch pull relief to do...hoping to get it done over the weekend. A little nervous about this mod, but with what I have heard about Glen, I know he will be there to help.

#3 ·
I have purchased several items from Glen and everything was shipped promptly and received in top shape. All his installation instructions are very clear. He goes out of his way to make customers 100% satisfied. Wishing all well.

#10 ·
You are quite right to praise Glen's products, several of them come highly-recommended both here and constantly on the VTXOA forums.

I myself purchased his 4-way flasher unit. Unlike any other kit I've seen, everything is already built, so you just install it into your system w/out needing to build it from the ground up. I use them all the time on freeways for both when I see a stoppage or slow-down ahead (and want to give the guy behind me something to notice so I don't get rear-ended) as well as when I share (aka split) lanes here in California during crawling traffic or bottlenecks. In both instances I get a much great feel for, and certainly am, being noticed.

#15 ·
I know this is an old thread, but, I did the same. You REALLY have to GO SLOW, read the instructions and follow the pictures EXACTLY. The swinging small piece must be to the RIGHT side before you go using the rivet tool, you need an adjustable wrench, a vise grip will NOT do (how do I know, lol...). Cost me 30 dollars extra as I could not return the tool for a refund and he had to send out another swinging piece that cost 20 bucks. But he was great and helpful and made it work, great guy Glen is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.