Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is a place to post pictures that may not be VTX related or they can be I don’t care.
I wanted to start this to share my pictures for those that want to follow my adventure riding.
Feel free to post any pics you want to share derailments welcome as well.
Here’s a few pics from the other night.

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
I always liked small rivers with rock formations...

my brother-in-laws road.. its that steep and sharp for 3/4 of a mile.. Up a Georgia Hill....
the local RV repair service.. said .. we do not own a service truck that can climb it

yes, my Ram 1500 and a 21 foot camper with a manual transmission.. at 2-3 mph..
trailer tires were a few inches from the ditches...

·
Super Moderator
5,437 Posts

this is the road.. to my brother-in-laws home in North Georgia

took my VTX up and down this road many times......

Ya Chuck, this is the road up to Mikey's house (IronMK)

View attachment 196079

I'll put it up against your bro-in-laws road any day, shorter but steep and a pretty sharp turn about half way up!!!! I went up and down this a bunch of times too.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Ya Chuck, this is the road up to Mikey's house (IronMK)

View attachment 196079

I'll put it up against your bro-in-laws road any day, shorter but steep and a pretty sharp turn about half way up!!!! I went up and down this a bunch of times too.
Mikey's actually not that bad, River13's driveway is the one that gets me.

Not a little bit of a chance.... Mike's is easy,, been to Mike' several times... just last September 2018... up or down....

River13 ( Bruce ) is a cake walk... paved or gravel part....

·
Super Moderator
5,437 Posts
Oh, I had no problem, just a little intimidation on the first try, lots of gravel, a drain washout just before the curve and a pretty steep hill, but I was there two or three days before the WV summer ride and a day after the return from WV and no problems!!!! The guy who ran me off the road on my last day there and just drove on by without stopping, that guy was lucky I was still picking myself up while he was just driving by or he might have had a close encounter of the bodily injury kind!!!!!:harder: :spank: :tapfoot:

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Oh, I had no problem, just a little intimidation on the first try, lots of gravel, a drain washout just before the curve and a pretty steep hill, but I was there two or three days before the WV summer ride and a day after the return from WV and no problems!!!! The guy who ran me off the road on my last day there and just drove on by without stopping, that guy was lucky I was still picking myself up while he was just driving by or he might have had a close encounter of the bodily injury kind!!!!!:harder: :spank: :tapfoot:
I had a similar thing.. some years ago... West-by-God... I was northbound, blind left turn ( 50mph ).. car was left of center... We had to go hard left and I used his lane to keep from having a head-on crash...
wife was on the back of the bike. ..guard-rails on both sides of the road... ( no off road exit )

he just kept motoring southbound..

·
Tinkerer
1,717 Posts
This thread is a place to post pictures that may not be VTX related or they can be I don’t care.
I wanted to start this to share my pictures for those that want to follow my adventure riding.
Feel free to post any pics you want to share derailments welcome as well.
Here’s a few pics from the other night.

Ride free ride safe
I live very close to this, Bruce. Back in the 70's, it was a thing to jump off of the rock at the top left into the tiny pool below. Yes, I did it...

·
FREEBIRD
7,444 Posts
I live very close to this, Bruce. Back in the 70's, it was a thing to jump off of the rock at the top left into the tiny pool below. Yes, I did it...
How deep is that hole, LEGO?

·
Tinkerer
1,717 Posts
1 - 20 of 457 Posts