Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

421 - 440 of 457 Posts

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #421

Surgery went good I’m on light duty for 5 days or so then I go the 20th for my post op appointment then all should be good back to my normal life.
Thank you all for the healing prayers they are working keep them coming just a little longer.

P.S
I am getting another dual sport to add to my riding adventures. At least I can run the back roads and Brother Baker6x6 can take his time and fix my tank :) Can’t wait to ride

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
16,059 Posts
Go easy there, Seabiscuit! Whoa, boy! I feel your anxiousness!

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Well today was the day that I broke and couldn’t take it anymore. I got on my X and took a 200 mile ride. WOW did it feel great to ride again.
For most riding is a hobby or a pass time or just simply something they like to do occasionally, for me riding is my lifestyle/life not being able to ride my bike at all the last 3 months has been the hardest part of this hole injury. Since I started riding I have never been off a bike this long and I never want to experience that pain again. I am happy to be able to ride again I’m gonna give it another weekish and then I plan to get back to everyday riding. I got to get back to life of riding and working.
Before anyone says take it easy I am still doing what the doc says. My surgeon told me that I could ride the day after my screws come out and I gave it 6 days. My stitches come out Tuesday I will be at work Wednesday morning. I’m getting back to it finally.

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I was never injured badly on a bike...

but was forced off for a few months... ( back operations )...

its very painful.. looking at my parked bike... most will never understand... just how painful

Glad you have returned to the Riding World.

I will NOT say take it EASY.... Ride...
I rode with a cane strapped to the bike ... and a right leg not moving at all...

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
I was never injured badly on a bike...

but was forced off for a few months... ( back operations )...

its very painful.. looking at my parked bike... most will never understand... just how painful

Glad you have returned to the Riding World.

I will NOT say take it EASY.... Ride...
I rode with a cane strapped to the bike ... and a right leg not moving at all...

I completely understand how painful it is to look at a parked bike. It has been very hard for me not to ride while my ankle was messed up. The only reason I waited so long to ride is because I was told I could break the screws if I did anything out of the air cast so I waited. Now screws are out and I am aloud to do anything the only thing my surgeon said not to do was jump or stomp hard so I won’t do that for a while. I CANT go without riding any longer. I will give it till next Monday before I go back to full time riding so I can get some new riding boots just not comfortable in my work boots anymore.

Ride free ride safe

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,214 Posts
Glad you back to two wheels. Planning to hit the street again this week myself. Finally (mostly) over my pains.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,214 Posts
in 16 days Ive been riding continuously for 51 years.
Congrats sir.
I hope to get many more years in myself.
Not planning on anymore flights. I don't land very well.

·
Registered
16,059 Posts
Continued healing well, get that 'muscle memory' back, and more miles of smiles and knees in da breeze. Since you've forgotten about a thank you card for our class, I gave them your updates, just proving the power of prayer. Hoping it can turn things around for Bully as well.

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Continued healing well, get that 'muscle memory' back, and more miles of smiles and knees in da breeze. Since you've forgotten about a thank you card for our class, I gave them your updates, just proving the power of prayer. Hoping it can turn things around for Bully as well.
NOTHING!!!!!! has been forgotten I have them just haven’t sat down and wrote them out yet. This has been the hardest 3 months of my life I have never been injured at all before this it really took a tole on my mind and body. I finally got to get on my bike and release some of the mind stress yesterday. Going back to work Wednesday I’m finally getting my life back.

Everyone that knows me knows I stand on my word with my heart just because you don’t have them yet doesn’t mean they won’t get there. I feel like you just disrespected me in saying that the way you did. You didn’t ask if I forgot you just assumed I forgot.

Ride free ride safe

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #437 (Edited)
And I do truly appreciate all the prayers and best wishes and all the help I received. I considered handing some of the cards out at my gathering I figured haded to with a hug would mean more than dropping them in the mail.

But I will not let no one disrespect me and my word with out speaking my mind about it.

Ride free ride safe

·
Registered
16,059 Posts
NOTHING!!!!!! has been forgotten I have them just haven’t sat down and wrote them out yet. This has been the hardest 3 months of my life I have never been injured at all before this it really took a tole on my mind and body. I finally got to get on my bike and release some of the mind stress yesterday. Going back to work Wednesday I’m finally getting my life back.

Everyone that knows me knows I stand on my word with my heart just because you don’t have them yet doesn’t mean they won’t get there. I feel like you just disrespected me in saying that the way you did. You didn’t ask if I forgot you just assumed I forgot.

Ride free ride safe
If I offended, I apologize. Now that you are up & mobile again, it might seem there would be less time to do as you say, and thank those who stood by you and helped with $$ when they didn't even know you at all. A simple little card. When I was down & house-bound, I had so much time on my hands, that if I had been in your situation, I would have taken care of that stuff at that time, not when I wanted to be up and about. As in a matter of days. Especially with the mix-up with the check. How many others personally gave you what I did, before the check? I guess I'm the bad guy. I can live with that. I have never been one to pull my punches, and what I say can be blunt & to the point. It was not any intent to offend, just a reminder. This dialogue isn't going well. I'm sorry this offended you.

·
Deuce
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
If I offended, I apologize. Now that you are up & mobile again, it might seem there would be less time to do as you say, and thank those who stood by you and helped with $$ when they didn't even know you at all. A simple little card. When I was down & house-bound, I had so much time on my hands, that if I had been in your situation, I would have taken care of that stuff at that time, not when I wanted to be up and about. As in a matter of days. Especially with the mix-up with the check. How many others personally gave you what I did, before the check? I guess I'm the bad guy. I can live with that. I have never been one to pull my punches, and what I say can be blunt & to the point. It was not any intent to offend, just a reminder. This dialogue isn't going well. I'm sorry this offended you.

Well I have been in no frame of mind put any cards together. Accidents and injuries sure effect people’s minds differently and mine has been on lock down if you can’t except that then I don’t know what to tell you.
Just because I’m going back to work doesn’t mean I don’t have time I make time to do why needs done. I do things my way and there usually not the way someone else would do them.

The mix up was only because it seemed to take to long that was the only mix up with the check.

If you would like to measure on what was donated you were not the biggest in fact not even close to half of the largest donation.

No one called you a bad guy I felt disrespected and I spoke my mind about it as I will always do no matter who it is.

Ride free ride safe

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,214 Posts
I can't believe what I'm reading. 🤦‍♂️

When I help someone I expect nothing in return. I certainly don't demand it. As they say during the holidays the joy is in the giving not the receiving.

Back to topic I'm glad you're getting life back to normal Bruce. Not gonna tell you to take it easy. You will. You had a life experience to learn from but you're moving on. Still on the right side of the dirt to ride off into the sunset. :)

421 - 440 of 457 Posts