Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Road Name: Lethal
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did the pair valve a couple weeks ago. Everything has been fine even made a couple 100+ mile trips with no problems...

All of sudden today when I start to decel it pops like crazy (kinda sounds like fire crackers). It will stop once I twist the throttle even a little bit or if I pull the clutch in.

From what i have found it sounds like I need to turn the a/f screw out a little more just trying to confirm if that is usually the fix for this.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
+1 to your thought, you could just be a hair lean. I presume you made adjustments after the hyper and the road burners yeah?

Mort

·
Road Name: Lethal
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once again I have found the problem and I am an idiot....The vacuum hose on the bottom of the hypercharger split at the bottom and slid off the hypercharger (didnt have a clamp on it)...lesson learned now to find a clamp that will fit.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Once again I have found the problem and I am an idiot....The vacuum hose on the bottom of the hypercharger split at the bottom and slid off the hypercharger (didnt have a clamp on it)...lesson learned now to find a clamp that will fit.
Pure awesome :) Happy you found the problem! Normally I point at pipes, but you mentioned no change there... didn't seem associated... glad it was something simple, and rather than tease yourself about it :) be happy it's simple.

Mort:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts