Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Pursuing Perfection
5,859 Posts
Has anyone thought about using a gold wing air ride compressor for this mod? It seems like it would be perfect for this application.
Good Question - I have the rear mono shock assembly in a box somewhere - Been a while since looked at -

But It appears to be hydraulic -
It is a motor with an hydraulic hose from it to the shock.

Never let me loose at google - http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/rearshock
This guy knows how we like stuff displayed.

I was sure the small unit was a worm drive assembly
20487923.DCP_1328.jpg
20487922.DCP_1327.jpg

Quick Search - poor image quality - New - $1000.00 assembly. 01 - 05 years
Ebay - PART # 52400-MCA-003

2nd unit

What's kinda weird - look what a Goldwing looks like with bags stripped off-
Who'd a thought it's almost built like a car - http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/image/20370752

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well Phil, you do pose a great thought there.

I'm just curious why they call it air ride then. I searched ebay for honda gold wing air ride and what was in your links showed up.

I'm not arguing the fact that it looks like hydraulic. I can see plainly that it is.

I'm just a cheap skate and try to think outside the box sometimes.

·
Pursuing Perfection
5,859 Posts
I have a 1500 Goldwing with the air ride Progressive shock and it was "air"
Are any of the components of your air ride the same in above links?

If they are - then this micro hydraulic actuator is just for remote preload - vs getting out your spanner.

It's probably a gas shock otherwise. If it still has actual air-compressor that you hear pulse -
Then I'd be making option to airing up the tires.
The spring if I recall is like 1200-1500lb rated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
My name is Mike with Backyard Air Suspension. I don't really surf thru the forums on vtxcafe or vtxoa, but when I see someone that has never bought our product talk about us like they have, I just have to professionally come out and explain due to all the slandering QUINSTER has done. First of all I would like to explain to everyone QUINSTER has never bought our product. Our product comes with warranty so if anyone on here has had a problem with our kits please contact us and we will resolve your issue immediately. We give our 110% to the customer service. Our kit cost $525 to your door. Now is that more then the $300 Quinster is stating you can build your own kit for yes but its a lot less then the other leading air suspension companies. Also I can guarantee I use top notch parts and not cheep Chinese like on his parts list. plus you have to keep in mind if you do not weld you will have to take your shocks to a welder for them to re-enfore them as they should be. Now don't forget to add that cost to building your own kit. Just last month I had a member of vtxoa that saw Quinsters same slandering post about us and contacted me for help and support because he thought he could do it on his own after following QUINSTER'S list but failed terribly. After I helped him out even tho it was not my parts or kit he told me it would of been cheaper buying my kit and a lot less of a headache. By the why we do RE-enforce our shock (QUINSTER) as you can see in the pictures before paint, and I have also attached the comment from that vtxoa member that contacted me for support. I blocked his picture and name for privacy issues. thanks again hope you all have a great day.
Mike
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello..hope the gets responce...how in the """""do you get the bushings and sleeves out of the Monroe shocks...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,
My name is Mike with Backyard Air Suspension. I don't really surf thru the forums on vtxcafe or vtxoa, but when I see someone that has never bought our product talk about us like they have, I just have to professionally come out and explain due to all the slandering QUINSTER has done. First of all I would like to explain to everyone QUINSTER has never bought our product. Our product comes with warranty so if anyone on here has had a problem with our kits please contact us and we will resolve your issue immediately. We give our 110% to the customer service. Our kit cost $525 to your door. Now is that more then the $300 Quinster is stating you can build your own kit for yes but its a lot less then the other leading air suspension companies. Also I can guarantee I use top notch parts and not cheep Chinese like on his parts list. plus you have to keep in mind if you do not weld you will have to take your shocks to a welder for them to re-enfore them as they should be. Now don't forget to add that cost to building your own kit. Just last month I had a member of vtxoa that saw Quinsters same slandering post about us and contacted me for help and support because he thought he could do it on his own after following QUINSTER'S list but failed terribly. After I helped him out even tho it was not my parts or kit he told me it would of been cheaper buying my kit and a lot less of a headache. By the why we do RE-enforce our shock (QUINSTER) as you can see in the pictures before paint, and I have also attached the comment from that vtxoa member that contacted me for support. I blocked his picture and name for privacy issues. thanks again hope you all have a great day.
Mike
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
(y)

·
Registered
449 Posts
hello..hope the gets responce...how in the """""do you get the bushings and sleeves out of the Monroe shocks...
I usually use a bench vice. Find a socket that is smaller than the shock ring and one the same size, then put it on one side and the other on the other side. Using the vice to compress, it will put the bushing into the socket that is the same size as the ring.

This assumes the shock bushing is one piece. If 2 pieces with a metal sleeve, I do the same, but one the size of the sleeve, the other the size of the bushing, then press the sleeve out first.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts