Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
121 - 140 of 189 Posts
DIVERSITY

: the condition of having or being composed of differing elements : variety; especially : the inclusion of different types of people (as people of different races or cultures) in a group or organization

If something works for you, it may not work for others, or it may not meet their expectations. Reason is DIVERSITY. We are all different, have different expectations, and bikes with different components.

Now let's get along boys and girls....

!CLASS DISMISSED!

Discussion starter · #122 · (Edited)
This is really funny to watch.
Well I must be wrong then.
32-36 ..,was, Hum! Now i's 38-46 depending on my wrist.
So I guess you are
right!.
So i'll be changing mine back to the Scar. Lol

So because on YOUR bike it went down, it's 100% true for every VTX out there??....You honestly don't believe that do you??...

And to make a point here...I read a post earlier today about a rider that had worn out his stock Dunlop front tire in like 6,000 miles or something like that...I've gotten about 15,000 out of each of the two stock replacement Dunlops on my bike (at 31k now, and needing new front tire)....Now that's a HUGE disparity in mileage...Everybody's bike is a little different, each carb is a little different...Charlie D and Gonz have BOTH said that....Lots of variables also...But for you to go with a blanket statement that SCAR mod kills fuel mileage is total BS...Mine increased when I did that mod, and Dave is stating similar results...We don't just make shit up to have a dispute with you...

So because on YOUR bike it went down, it's 100% true for every VTX out there??....You honestly don't believe that do you??...

i can move my needle between 4th and fifth clip and the avg mpg dont change

This is really funny to watch.
Well I must be wrong then.
32-36 ..,was, Hum! Now i's 38-46 depending on my wrist.
So I guess you are
right!.
So i'll be changing mine back to the Scar. Lol
Tell ya what Donut, you drag your butt halfway to to Tennessee and i'll put my bike up that that's EXACTLY the set-up on my bike and EXACTLY the MPG's it gets. When your wrong (again) what do you have to offer??? Never in my life have I seen someone who can be as wrong as possible and still not have the cajones to man up and say it. Of course I know you'd never show up, that would be something that would require you to admit you don't know everything and are WRONG!!! So?

I live in Northern VA. We get 5 different RFG's a year. I think this is why my MPG went down with non-E10 gas when I got to use it. My bike is tuned for E10. It runs so good that I cant stop getting on that throttle. Dang Honda.

You know Doug will not comment again. He made a BS statement, and got called on it.
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Hello boys!

Happy warmer weather everyone!:47b20s0:

So while i am waiting on my Super Radius T bars -

I am thinking about this mod. The decapped or drilled is the question. On B2.

What is the benefit of this mod? It seems that B2 runs a little hot sometimes (no light) just feels hot and I think a little more air might help.

So is this mod a good idea for B2?

The more air getting in is performance gains. For heat issues, it may be a few things from choice of exhaust to unwanted air getting into your pipes. What exhaust are you running? Did you ride with ear plugs in and see if it was popping? Did you do the desmog? Start a thread for your heat issues and yes, the Airbox decapitation will help the performance.

Hey Doug, elevation, air density, humidity, how you ride, thick our thin oil or final drive fluid, all are X factors with X being infinite, no bike is going to react exactly the same to any mod, i.e. I did the scar mod here in Colorado, I didn't get a mileage increase but I did get more off the line torque. So I didn't get more mpg whoopdy doo, you don't see others beside yourself on here ripping ass because their bike didn't do exactly like bassdudes. Grow up and act your age!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Discussion starter · #131 ·
The more air getting in is performance gains. For heat issues, it may be a few things from choice of exhaust to unwanted air getting into your pipes. What exhaust are you running? Did you ride with ear plugs in and see if it was popping? Did you do the desmog? Start a thread for your heat issues and yes, the Airbox decapitation will help the performance.

Really???....Posting a link to the exact thread you posted this in??...:doh:

Thats still not an answer to my question...seriously guys

Hello boys!

Happy warmer weather everyone!:47b20s0:

So while i am waiting on my Super Radius T bars -

I am thinking about this mod. The decapped or drilled is the question. On B2.

What is the benefit of this mod? It seems that B2 runs a little hot sometimes (no light) just feels hot and I think a little more air might help.

Lets try again....

By letting more air in your going to be leaner which can make the engine run hotter.
Probably not enough to be noticed though.

Check for exhaust leaks and stuff like that if you feel it is running too hot now.
I had exhaust leak on rear pipe and that caused the bike to be insanely hot, plastichrome would be too hot too handle for example. Fixed that and all good now even on 100+ days.

Discussion starter · #136 ·

Not sure I covered this earlier in the thread (it is a rather old thread), but the biggest reason I chopped the top off the airbox was to be able to pull it off the bike with the gas tank left in place...That being said, it also increased airflow going into the carb and engine by a ridiculous amount over stock...That meant additional carb tuning (for me, SCAR mod..Added two shims on the stock needle and left the stock jets in the carb)...I originally was tuning for the open cover I have and was setting the A/F screw adjustment, and got tired of having to pull the tank, turn that screw 1/8 turn, re-install the tank, test ride, come back and repeat the process until I got it right...

If your bike is already running hot, doing the decap without proper carb tuning will just make that worse...Lean running=hotter running...Mine is setup a little bit on the fat (rich) side, and my radiator fan hardly ever comes on unless it's ridiculous hot in the summer, plugs look perfect, and get to 160+ miles to reserve all but two tanks of gas in the past two years...

thanks guys...see you on the dark side...

Thanks BASSDUDE...I'll start with the K&N..think over the rest of the mod and carb tuning. I did an airbox mod on my 99 GMC because I didn't want to shell out for a complete kit and then went with the K&N. Been happy with that mod for 14 years now!

Hey guys I was wondering about this mod on the 1800? It sounds like these were done on carb bikes? Mine has fuel injection so there wouldn't be the carb adjustments? And would it be as big of difference on the fuel injection as the carbs? I was also wondering about this could someone explain? (Only mods done to the drivetrain are PAIR valve removal to clean things up and deep Clayton mod. (Oh yeah - and the seat pin mod). Sorry for all the questions but I just got into this last year with the V 1800 and I'm just trying to learn a bit.

Thank you Mark

121 - 140 of 189 Posts