Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alabama has some the most beautiful scenic views of any state. I am proposing a meet and greet. Provided of course there is enough response's. If I can get enough folks then I can possibly get a few vendors to cough up some stuff. Not necessarily saying I can but possibly.
I understand it is Christmas eve but this will take some effort and time. I am thinking around March or April?
There are several locations that has good riding and access for a meet and greet. Food, just hanging, out meeting folks, drawing, a good excuse to ride.
post up if you may be interested

dd
:patriot:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Count me in. I will start looking at routes and possible meeting places. Mt. Cheaha is a good spot to hit- It's more east central AL. but more to the north. I know a few around here who would be up for a M & G.

Merry Christmas from Dixie.:choppersm

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
I'm up.
Cheaha is good. Lotsa food places in Oxford.
Little River/Desoto/guntersville is agood ride.
Lots of places to eat along the way too.
Luckily I live right between them.
Maybe it could be arranged to have it at Eagle Vision Cycles on Chandler Mtn right next to Horse Pens 40.
He has a mini 29 Dreams. Open Wed-Sun from 10am until dark or whenever everyone clears out.
Scott (the owner) has a bike shop for repairs, clothing, accessories. He cooks out on the weekends around 1pm for whoever shows up.
That is a good meetup place for the B'ham and south riders.

·
Ol'man with a bike
701 Posts
:cheers:

I'll toss my hat in the ring too.....South Alabama needs representation too!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mt. Cheaha was my first choice. I would like to be more a central location so it would not as far for anyone to make the ride. Keep the suggestions coming.
As soon as the weather breaks so I can get down there I will check on what needs to be taken care of. This is only a choice at this time. The more that is involved the better.
I will be checking some of the bike shops for donations.

Post your location and suggestion as where you think would be good for most.

I am located On Sand Mountain just out side of Pisgah, Alabama.

icepirate I was within about 40 miles from you last September, "Trail of Tears" ride. We were at Tahlequah

dd

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
We love riding in North Alabama and Georgia. We live SW of Atlanta so anywhere in Alabama is good riding territory for us. Count us in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am in Pensacola and interested.

A central location in the state around Montgomery would be good --- but everyone suggesting Mt Cheaha so far is correct. That place is hard to beat for what you are talking about.

If a date can be decided on pretty soon, that will help people needing to schedule time to be off from work etc

a couple of buds and I ride there a least once a year. Good stuff.

Tom
1300R :coffee:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everyone would be welcome.
Personally I do not care what you ride. Riding is what it's about.

There is a restaurant located right when you go up to the picnic/camping area. The food is good and it is buffet style.

If this is what is decided on I will make arrangements for everyone. Of course you will need to confirm that you will be there on the decided date.

I am only a messenger that is coordinating this. That is all. I really hope I have my X back together by then. Other wise momma will decide what we ride.
March- April will be a tough time for me with maintenance shutdown at the plant but I will try to be there.
I think everyone will agree that we should work at this the best we can so everyone can have the opportunity to go.
Post what would work for you. I brought up March/April because this is when the weather starts to change for the better. If it does like last year (weather) it could up being May

·
Ol'man with a bike
701 Posts
The last 2 weeks in March will NOT work for me. Plant outage too...but don't let my schedule interrupt the majority. Schedule whats best for the whole, and if that means myself is left out, so be it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
How about Saturday the 30th of April?

That should accomodate the plant shut downs the guys are talking about and be late enough in the spring to be pleasant temps for riding a bike.

I vote for using the state park facilities, restaurant, etc. We have been there several times. They are good at hosting stuff like this and they are very bike friendly.

I will make reservations to stay overnight depending on what is decided.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts