Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out for a leisurely ride today with my wife. We were doing a little local site seeing then stopped, walked through a few shops, had an early lunch and were heading home before the temps reached into the mid 90s. Had just left Franklin downtown headed south on 31E when a small black car pulled out in front of us at a high rate of speed. I was aware and able to slow enough as to not shake up my wife. I looked quickly to my left and saw a red sports car in pursuit of the black car and it was headed straight at the side of my bike. I rolled the throttle and cut hard to the right looking for an opening. Since I was in a single lane the only out I saw was the next cross street. I looked that direction and gunned the X as hard as I could. Just as I thought I was clear the car clipped my saddle bags and sent the rear end of the bike over quick and hard. I rode it thru the wobbles and made the turn into the cross street and stopped the bike. The red sports car went on and I was furious. A biker on the intersecting street saw her leave the scene and followed to try and stop her. I checked the bike saw no visible damage and turned around and took pursuit to give her a piece of my mind. I had to follow her almost five miles before I could get beside her and tell her to pull over. She ignored us and sped off. I handed my wife the cell phone and told her to call 911. She said i can't do that there's no one were hurt. I said she fled the scene of an accident she needs to be stopped. I said look shes a young rich brat driving Daddys Mercedes Kompressor and she hit our bike I am following her home. "Call 911 before she pulls into one of those gated communities." We followed her another 6-7 miles until she pulled over and I know she was scared to death. I asked her what she was doing leaving the scene of an accident. She said she paniced because she had lost an uncle on a motorcycle accident and she was afraid. My wife jumped off the bike and hugged her telling her no one was hurt but we just wanted her insurance policy number and agent. I wanted to turn her over my knee and wear her butt out. I was still shaking. All I could think about was my wife getting hurt on the back of our bike and this girl driving off. The girl was late for a job interview. We got her information, I scolded her to quit talking on the phone and watch for motorcycles. Then we wished her good luck on the job interview. I know my angel was flying faster than me today and there was a hedge of protection around us. We rode the rest of the way home.
:choppersm

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Glad no one was hurt. Was it her car or Daddy's? If she is not the owner, I might call the owner and explain the situation so he knows his car was involved in a hit-and-run.

Again, glad you are both okay.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You are one lucky dude. Thank God no one was hurt. I would tell her dad and insurance company. Glad your OK and that was some great handling of the bike.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am really glad that it did not turned out bad.

Good thing you got to her and who knows, she might have been lying about her uncle and her job interview, some kids are really spoiled and used to lie their way through.

What are you planning on doing with the insurance co. information and did you ever contacted the police?

I have to say that even after all you guys went through, you found it in yourselves to express sympathy and well wishes for her was a class act, just hate to think that if it would have been a different outcome, she could have gotten away with the hit and run

Take care and again, really glad that both you and your wife are okay.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Glad no one got hurt in this motorcycle / car incident.. Very lucky indeed...

Spoiler

You must be young, the best sugar momma's are the married ones!!!
Truer words cannot be spoken... You don't have to buy the married ones to many hamburgs... if you know what I mean....:D

Spoiler

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did contact her insurance company just to get a claim started and to report to the company that their policy holder fled the scene of an accident. I really wanted the owner of the car to be notified that his vehicle had been involved in an accident. I work in this town all the time and there are many young that are way over priviledged. The high school parking lot looks likes the rich and famous. Hopefully the owner of the car will contact me after his insurance company contacts him about the claim.
:coffee:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm truly glad you guys are OK - but I can't agree with your decision not to call the police.

You were literally 3" away from being another "Motorcyclist killed by driver on cell phone" statistic. I don't care what she was late for.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
You just never know what the heck people are thinking. I dont understand what happens to people's brain's when thay get behind the wheel. The whole cell phone thing has got to be stopped while driving. I run a Electrical sevice vehicle thru the week. People just don't really care who they run over anymore. I say instead of speeders being the issue, It's the people that are too stupid or too damn lazy to take that left hand and use that turn signal thing. Also crack down on the jerks cutting across 4 lanes of traffic to jump in line to keep form waiting 2 minutes in a line of traffic. The whole world is crazy anymore. you just got to be on your toe's. ALL THE TIME. Red light's are not an option, just freakin stop.
:patriot:Glad you guys are safe and this is the story you're telling. Not what hospital to send flowers to...

·
Relocation Engineer
1,520 Posts
If my old lady got between me and that young twit...... there would be hell to pay, that being said Dawn knows better;)

She would have got the full boat with me,
Hit and run
reckless
emotional trauma for me and the lady....

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
continue to pray for that hedge of protection, just in case the insurance doesn't cover, you know that you and yours are covered. Pray for a safe trip before i leave, even just driving to the corner. some people are just nuts...but we dont have to join them...ride safe, glad you guys are good!!! bless :choppersm

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Glad to read that it was an almost accident/just got clipped and that you and wife came out ok/unharmed. I would agree that the police should have been notified so the driver could have more than the insurance company to answer to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts