Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently attended a motorcycle show where a polish called "Flitz" was being sold. After getting home and taking a deep breath, I went to my stock aluminum retro rims. After about 25 mins with a cordless drill and the flitz attachment, the rims looked damn near chromed. The kit came with the polish, the felt polishing "ball" for the drill, and a cloth. There is enough polish for years, by the way. For about $100.00 (and you can spend much less), you can make a much needed improvement to the stock rims. I would suggest getting the smaller "Cone" attachment so you can get in the nooks and crannies. It is very hard to get in between the rotor and rim without it. I'm not a sales rep, but just a satisfied customer. Maybe it is a poor man's chrome wheel, but it looks daaaaaaamn good! Ride safe!

Craig:patriot:

·
Registered
310 Posts
where's the pics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can take some and post them tomorrow. I have taken the opportunity to add some stuff this winter so I need to take some anyway. :patriot:

Craig

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
There's a couple of us northern Hoosiers that use it also. Best stuff i've ever used on wheels. And i've found that the "Mothers" power cone is perfect for the wheels on the bike. Up here the local NAPA is the only place that carrys it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yumpin yimminy...that looks oh so good. :mosh:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
That is a big difference! Will be watching out for that polish for sure. :patriot:

·
9,160 Posts
That looks REALLY good! :mosh: Thanks for the heads up on this. :cheers:

·
Registered
310 Posts
wow those look really good.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've gotta see if I can get it at work.

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
That's sweet!!! Looks like some manual labor in my near future.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Picked up some Flitz today at the local Ace Hardware, an hour or two later and all I have to say is Flitz is the SHITZ! I thought my wheels looked decent before, now they look really good. Thanks cmstewart72 for the tip.

·
Administrator
3,395 Posts
Those look awesome. I see a trip to my local ACE in my near future..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was able to do it with the wheels on, it would probably be easier with the wheels off. I will try and get some pics when I get home.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts