Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else in the New Mexico area? I'm in Las Cruces (south) and about 40+ miles north of El paso.

·
Let's Get Ready To Rumble
5,240 Posts
I think you're the only one.

The good news, though, is that you can join the Patriot Guard Riders. NM is part of the "Four Corners" region; we're having a get-together in June. Great group, great people . . .

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patriot Guard Riders

Where can I find out more info about the Patriot Guard Riders? :hmm2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ijust bought an 02 1800-C this Saturday. Love it so far. I'm quite ways from Cruces but might see you at the Patriot get together in June. I'm going to check out the info on it. Send me an e-mail sometime.

·
BUFF/Viper/JSF Keeper
931 Posts
Surely not. Try Texas X Riders West Texas, I know folks are out in the Odessa area.

Dang, you got Hatch chiles right there. Might ride out there with you . . .

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Las Cruces is about 30 minutes south on I-25 from Hatch. The chili is awesome. Of course, you can by it fresh here in Cruces.

Stater- if you were talking to me about the Patriot get together, I'm not a member of the Patriot Guard. jagarcia had mentioned the PG to me and I have done a little research on the group and it's history. Seems like a really honorable group to be a part of.

Currently I'm hesitant to join any riders group officially because I'm so new to riding and wouldn't feel comfortable riding in a group.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey

I'm in Cruces too. Let's ride!

Check the other VTX forum (if I post the name this post will be deleted). There are more posts in the NM area, but not many. Used to be a link to the NM VTX website/forum, which had NM rides posted fairly regularly but I can't find it now. I don't visit here much, drop me a line. jkk251 at gmail.com.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
My mom was from Belen. I've been out there 3 times. I love it out there. For the new guys, welcome to the cafe. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Will be moving to TorC within the next five months or so. I've seen a 1300 trike and a red 1800C thereabouts. Naught else. Who else rides Honda in Southern NM?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hey, I'm new to this group. My son rides too, (Yamaha Virago).
I'm in Alamogordo NM. I'm sure there are other VTX owners looking for company. Big event in Ruidoso on the 17th of Sept.

http://www.motorcyclerally.com/index.html

Mostly Harley but not Exclusive.
I may be moving to Alamogordo. I guess you ride in the mountains on the weekends frequently? Tell me about the city.

·
Registered
218 Posts
No, there are probably others. I'm in Albuquerque, ('07 vtx1800t2), though you'de never know by the turn out in Red River. I saw very few vtx's and no T's. I see quite a few in town. spideynm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had several people lined up to go to Red River, not X riders, but everyone backed out for one reason or another (probably The weather) so I ended up staying home. I went to Ruidoso last week and saw 5 or 6 VTX's. Only met one owner though, he was from Lubbock.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There was no lack of turn out despite all the rain. Probably not a record, but a lot of bikes hit the '09 Red River Rally. It did rain everyday, at times real hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flame rider here checking in from abq. Looking to see a few of you all in grants for fire and ice on the 17th through 19th. See ya on th road

1 - 20 of 76 Posts