Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 100 MPH club and it's probably not the first thing that came to your mind...

64 Drivers Cited for Exceeding 100 MPH Speeds in 2010 Driving Season

NCHORAGE, Alaska-Although speed limit signs are posted throughout Anchorage, some motorists choose to ignore the lawful speed.
These motorists endanger not only their own lives by driving at reckless speeds, but also the lives of other motorists as well as cyclists and pedestrians.

During the 2010 driving season, 20 officers in the Anchorage Police Deparment issued citations to 64 motorists for driving at speeds in excess of 100 mph-amounting to a staggering $34,484 in fines.

But what's that old adage? Something about all work and no play

APD spokesperson Lt. Dave Parker said it best-"In typical cop-like fashion Patrol and Traffic officers like to keep track of their performance and of course make a contest out of it."

From that contest, the Summer "100 MPH Board" was born. Now in its fifth year, the Board tracks the number of citations issued to drivers for exceeding speeds of 100 mph.

Police say while no prize or trophy is awarded, chart-toppers get a healthy dose of bragging rights among colleagues and the satisfaction of keeping the public safe for another year.

Fifth Annual Summer 2010 "100 MPH Board" Results

1 - Ofc. Senoran; 13 citations
2 - Ofc. Noll; 8 citations
3 - Ofcs. Gaulke and Fortunato; 5 citations each
Honorable Mentions: Ofcs. Nelson, Dykstra and Tarbox with 4 citations each

Other top recognitions:

Ofc. Ritala; 3 citations
Ofcs.Heer, Pollock, Evans, Robertson, Jackson and Sitz; 2 citations each
Ofcs. Delesline, Buchta, Lochart, Dunn, Conely and Lt. Richardson; 1 citation each
So what's the highest-offending driving speed for the 2010 driving season? A motorcyclist driving 134 mph in a 55 mph construction zone carried a $1906 fine; Ofc. Dykstra issued the "award-winning" citation.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Seems pretty cheap for 89mph over the limit. In Polk County Fl it would be $2,640 for over 50 mph then doubled for the constrution site law. A mandatory court appearance and I would image a reckless driving charge added to this. Bare minimum of $5280 + court costs and attorney fees.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Always thought it would be difficult to achieve double the speed limit (or more) unless the speed was only 25 or 30. After that, it just seems to crazy to try and go that fast and too risky. And I'm still somewhat young and dumb!

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Always thought it would be difficult to achieve double the speed limit (or more) unless the speed was only 25 or 30. After that, it just seems to crazy to try and go that fast and too risky. And I'm still somewhat young and dumb!

Some ares just beg for it, I know that there are some long smooth stretches of highway that are so rural that they don't have exits for 10 -20 miles and the cars just fly. I just try and remember to not be going the fastest.;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
ouch!!!!!!!...lmao!!....
Seems pretty cheap for 89mph over the limit. In Polk County Fl it would be $2,640 for over 50 mph then doubled for the constrution site law. A mandatory court appearance and I would image a reckless driving charge added to this. Bare minimum of $5280 + court costs and attorney fees.
Double ouch :eek:... and without vasaline!! :bleh:

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I'm amazed they caught him, image how fast they hd to accelerate and chase him him fast enough to catch him.Remnds me of the small town sheriffs cars with built up hemis back n the 60's and 70's, those cars would fly in chase mode. Like the old commerical used to say as they pulled the driver over "Boy you in a heap a trouble".

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I got clocked at over 100 on the interstate (in a car) in one of the Carolinas once. :nono: The tropper was way nice. Only wrote me up for 19 mph over the speed limit. He said anymore than that would be a court apperance, showed me on the back of the ticket where I could pay him a $20 fine and be on my way!:eek::D
Them was the good old days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts