Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Titanium 05 1300c, but I think it just needs a little something more to make it "pop". I'm considering some gloss black accents. Have any of you fellow titanium X owners out there done a gloss black combo? I'm thinking of an old skool two tone where the top of the tank & fenders remain titanium with the sides gloss black and a titanium pin stripe just inside the black edge. I've sent the tins to Bryan of BDsCycles and he's also filling the tank seam.

·
Registered
16,952 Posts
Sounds nice. Show pix when its done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I've seen the preliminary pictures and he did a really nice job, incorporating a narrow gold band into the design :) Now I've just got to wait for Maryland to warm up a little so I can get the parts on the bike and I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, that's my style as well.. I've never been a "skulls" guy :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have been thinking of doing something to break up the monotony of all the titanium color on mine. I have added a fairing and soon my bags will be ready at the painter. I have also debaadged the bike, so I think something like a pinstripe or some chrome is in order. I never thought of a two-tone paint scheme with gloss black against the titanium--sounds like a good idea though. Let us know if you do it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been thinking of doing something to break up the monotony of all the titanium color on mine. I have added a fairing and soon my bags will be ready at the painter. I have also debaadged the bike, so I think something like a pinstripe or some chrome is in order. I never thought of a two-tone paint scheme with gloss black against the titanium--sounds like a good idea though. Let us know if you do it...
Oh, it's already done. I've seen BD's preliminary (pre-clear coat) photos. He will probably post pictures of the finished product on here or VTXOA, and I'll post pictures once I reassemble the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts