Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of flying south for a few days and rent a bike to ride in the warm sun. Has anyone else done that?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Tried to rent a Harley in Vegas once but they want you to sign your soul away to rent one. Otherwise, I'm with you Caps.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to go south permanently. Somebody remind me why we live up in this cold crap? :bleh:
I might have my wife talked into moving down to Tennessee.

I've never been down riding in the Smokey Mountains but it sure looks like allot of great riding down there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Living in Okla I can't imagine what you guys go through up North. I have friends in Michigan and Minn and family in Wisconsin, they all can't stand the long cold winters. I have taken many a ride here during the holidays, we get frigid temps but they don't last for month. Very little snow.

·
Cafe Founder & VTX lover
9,667 Posts

I've never been down riding in the Smokey Mountains but it sure looks like allot of great riding down there.
Come down in May and ride with the gang...

And I have no idea how or why people live up north. :hmm2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come down in May and ride with the gang...

And I have no idea how or why people live up north. :hmm2:
I will probably do that.

Women have trapped me here;

When I was young, mom wouldn't let me leave.
When I was 18, I dated a girl for 3 years that I was not going to leave.
When I turned 30, I got married to another women that won't let me leave:nope:
I think I have my wife talked into moving down though. I should know by spring:)

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I am sitting in 75 degrees and sunny in lovely Ft Lauderdale FL... Have not had a day yet this year that I could not ride!!
+1 ...Just got back from a morning ride it is freakin beautiful out.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
And I have no idea how or why people live up north. :hmm2:[/quote]

I was young and stupid. I moved from SC to IN for a girl. :spank:

·
Registered
82 Posts
just got back from a ride it was great, 72º!! The high on Sunday is 50º that sucks but lots of sun shine. Not much to look at around here but the winters are not bad. The only draw back is the summers are HOT!!!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No hurricane's up here to flood the place and try to blow the house down...Just crappy snow and cold for a few months....Makes me appreciate summer even more!!...
I agree with bassbude it sucks that you cant ride for a few months but it does make you appreciate the nice days more. Plus i can ride the snowmobiles in the winter so i get my speed fix either way!:D

·
"Semper Fidelis"
5,081 Posts

Smokeys are sweet riding. Just gotta watch when you go. Fotthills can get a little hairy if you have a bunch of 18 wheelers jammmed up.
Some of the best riding you will ever do.

Oh...I rode south of town today:bleh: does that count?:patriot:
:choppersmBe safe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Enjoyed a ride today, temperature was 55º and sunny. There was a 5 mph wind out of the north (thats why it was so cold).

When we have ice down here it shuts the entire town down. It has been a couple of years since the last time we iced up and it only lasted a day but power went out for the entire weekend.

I will be riding to New Orleans on New Years eve to visit my brother. It is in the 70's down there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I almost moved to Florida a long time ago but my wife was afraid of hurricane.

My wife and I always go to Florida for our vacation, the weather and the beaches are paradise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts